BUG: Imported Verse Lists Do Not Include Verses

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 24 2010 4:52 AM

4251.Problem Verse Lists.zip

A number of my imported verse lists [into passage lists] do not include the verses. I have attached a zip file with a few of the problem lists.

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2010 7:54 AM

I was able to import those verse lists into L4 with no errors.

I would ask you to turn on logging and repeat the Import if I could find a command for passage lists only. How did you import them?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2010 8:24 AM

2781.Logos Log Files (2).zip

Dave,

I have attached the log files. I used the command IMPORT ALL. Thanks for your help.

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2010 6:11 PM

I'm not sure what is happening as the Verse Lists import OK, but there are a lot of warnings for note files. Did you prepare your Notes as advised in http://wiki.logos.com/Importing_Notes_from_LDLS3? Are they OK.

I'll create a bug report so the developers will take an interest.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2010 7:36 PM

Dave,

YES, I DID download the notes in the prescribed manner [with the custom toolbar in L3]. My notes all seem to be O.K.

What is the prescribed manner to import the Verse Lists into L4? Maybe my procedure was incorrect.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 25 2010 9:31 AM

BillFiess:

Dave,

YES, I DID download the notes in the prescribed manner [with the custom toolbar in L3]. My notes all seem to be O.K.

What is the prescribed manner to import the Verse Lists into L4? Maybe my procedure was incorrect.

We'll review the logs and verse lists. Thanks. 

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 25 2010 9:35 AM

Thank you, Melissa.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 10:52 AM

Importing seems to work just fine, however, the passage lists do not list any passages, as they do in Logos 3.  I'll submit a bug report.

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 11:24 AM

Thanks, Melissa. That's exactly what is happening. I appreciate your help.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 2:22 PM

BillFiess:

Thanks, Melissa. That's exactly what is happening. I appreciate your help.

Development says that the verse lists that are not importing correctly were created with LDLS v2.x, which used a different file format. The next 4.0d beta will support this file format. In the meantime, if you open and close those verse lists in LDLS3, they will be rewritten with the LDLS3 file format and import properly into Logos 4. Before reimporting the revised Logos 3 verse lists, you'll first want to delete the empty passage list documents from the File>Open menu in Logos 4.

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 2:43 PM

Thanks, Melissa. It worked! I'll just have to delete all of the empty passage lists and I'll be "good to go".

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 3:24 PM

BillFiess:

Thanks, Melissa. It worked! I'll just have to delete all of the empty passage lists and I'll be "good to go".

Great, thanks for letting us know.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS