Desktop-->Mobile Device Option No Longer in Information?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 992
Sean | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 9 2018 4:12 AM

Hi.

In previous versions of Logos, you could go into the information panel of a resource and check a box to have it automatically download to your phone/tablet/whatever using the mobile app. (You could also use the same to remove it from the device.)

In L8, if a book is already on my phone, it shows the "Devices" information, but if it hasn't been downloaded yet, it's not there. I can go to my phone (still v. 7) and download the resource and then it will update on the desktop and I'll have the option, but otherwise it's not there.

Am I missing something? Did the option get moved/changed/dropped/bugged?

Not a big deal, but any light anyone could shed would be appreciated.

Logos Now Subscriber -- 22/2/2018

Posts 12740
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2018 5:19 AM

I still see the option just as I did in L7.

Posts 974
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2018 5:29 AM

I can still see it, but it's hit and miss. 

For example, I can't see it on any of the Tyndale Commentaries or the Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary - both included in a L8 package that I purchased, although other resources from that have the "Devices" field in Information.

Posts 992
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2018 5:33 AM

Mark Barnes:

I still see the option just as I did in L7.

Let me illustrate with a few screenshots.

This is a book where the option is now available--but it only came up after I manually downloaded on the mobile:

This is what most informational panels now look like unless I had previously downloaded it at some point on my phone. The Devices field/option (whatever it should be called) simply isn't there:

I've confirmed that this isn't one of those rare cases where I resource is not allowed on mobile. It is; but I can download it only from the mobile app itself. I can't choose it from the desktop any more.

Posts 974
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2018 6:04 AM

Sean:
unless I had previously downloaded it at some point on my phone.

I'm seeing "Devices" on resources that I have never downloaded on a mobile device. 

Posts 2729
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2018 6:21 AM

Sean:

Hi.

In previous versions of Logos, you could go into the information panel of a resource and check a box to have it automatically download to your phone/tablet/whatever using the mobile app. (You could also use the same to remove it from the device.)

In L8, if a book is already on my phone, it shows the "Devices" information, but if it hasn't been downloaded yet, it's not there. I can go to my phone (still v. 7) and download the resource and then it will update on the desktop and I'll have the option, but otherwise it's not there.

Am I missing something? Did the option get moved/changed/dropped/bugged?

Not a big deal, but any light anyone could shed would be appreciated.

I can't shed any light on the subject (yet) but can confirm that I notice the same issue. Noticed it initially on the L8 Release, and the same on the Beta.

Posts 992
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2018 3:06 PM

[Bug] bump.

Posts 165
LogosEmployee
Daniel Di Bartolo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2018 3:35 PM

We'll look into this. Thanks for the report!

Posts 992
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2019 8:28 PM

At least for me, this seems to have been fixed with 8.1.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS