Inline Search Clicked Reference Opens New Tab

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 20
Rob Golding | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 10 2018 7:49 AM

Hi everyone, 

I apologize if there's an answer out there for this already, but I couldn't find a solution. 

When I do an inline search in my Bible and click the reference I'm looking for, Logos (7) opens the reference in a new tab. 

Does anyone know how to adjust the settings so that when I click a reference displayed in an inline search, I'm taken to the reference within the same tab (rather than opening it in another tab)? 

It's a small issue, but one that bothers me (since I have so many tabs open usually) and I figured there is probably a solution for it.

שאלמ

Posts 7895
LogosEmployee

After performing an inline search, the text of the reference is already displayed immediately below, so there's no need to click it to go to it. Are you trying to clear the inline search results to see that hit in context? If so, close the inline search panel. Otherwise, can you explain in more detail what you're trying to do?

See also https://community.logos.com/forums/t/129622.aspx for previous discussion.

Posts 20
Rob Golding | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2018 1:17 PM

Hi Bradley,

Thanks for your response! 

To answer your first question, yes. I am trying to clear the inline search and see that hit in context. However, when I close the inline search, I am still in the passage that I originated in (not the one that has the hit I want).

Checking this, I realized that if I click on a hit somewhere other than the hyperlink, that hit's reference shows up in the "address bar" (where you type the reference you want to go to - sorry for my lack of terminology).

So, I can do an inline search, click next to the hit I want (but not the hyperlink), close the inline search, click in the "address bar", then press enter. This will allow me to go to a reference found in an inline search without opening a new tab. Obviously, it's not as clean as simply clicking the inline hit I want and going there within my current tab. Is there an easier way to do this?

Just to clarify, I want to do an inline search within an ESV tab (for instance) and go to one of the hits that the inline search provides without opening a new tab. Merely closing the inline search does not take me to the particular hit I want. 

Posts 24345
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2018 6:33 PM

Rob Golding:
So, I can do an inline search, click next to the hit I want (but not the hyperlink), close the inline search, click in the "address bar", then press enter. This will allow me to go to a reference found in an inline search without opening a new tab. Obviously, it's not as clean as simply clicking the inline hit I want and going there within my current tab. Is there an easier way to do this?

Scroll the hits until the one you want is at the top (and you see it in the address box), then exit Inline Search.

This saves a couple of steps

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 20
Rob Golding | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 4:16 PM

Interesting, perhaps my version is different. When I scroll to the hit I want and exit inline, I'm still in my original passage. The hit I want is in the locator bar, but I have to click inside the bar and press enter to be taken to that hit. 

It sounds like that's the only way to perform this function. It's picky of me, I know. I just figured there would be a setting somewhere to allow clicked hits to open within a tab rather than outside the tab. 

Oh well 

Posts 24345
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 1:09 PM

Rob Golding:
Interesting, perhaps my version is different. When I scroll to the hit I want and exit inline, I'm still in my original passage.

Scroll the Mt 4:10 hit to the top!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1670
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 1:34 PM

I too have been frustrating with what seemed a finicky process. Perhaps Cmd+click should be added to immediately jump to that hit and close the inline search!

Posts 1670
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 9:53 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Thanks for the link Bradley. It's interesting that the idea of a modified click was presented back then and promised to be discussed with the devs. As far as I can see this was never implemented. Could there be another "huddle"?!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS