Latest Update freezes my computer

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 41
Ron Christensen | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 24 2010 6:11 PM

I had version 4 4.2.8750  . Then it wanted to install Logos 4 setup and prerequisites. It does that

, (it seems) then when it tries to update to 4 4.3.9511 it freezes my computer. I have Windows 7 and never had a problem with downloads before. When it tries to update, my spysweeper asks me if it is o.k. I answer yes and it worked. But now when I answer yes to do the update, everything freezes. I even tried turning off my Start up program shield to see if spysweeper was the problem. But the same thing happens. THEN I completely shut down spysweeper, and it still happens! Help!?

Posts 25570
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 2:50 AM

Ron, I'm sorry you have not received a response before now.

I assume you have tried via the download in L4. I'd like you to try with the link below but first close L4 and disable your anti-virus/anti-spyware especially real-time protection. Also enable logging as per Diagnostic Logging  (you can upload any logs as per Uploading Logs):-

http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 41
Ron Christensen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 2:59 PM

Dave,

Thanks for the attempt. I have had Logos 4 for quite awhile now. My spyware has never been a problem before this recent update. When the program comes up, it automatically freezes the whole computer. I can't do anything. Logos just brings up a gray screen and that's it. Therefore I can't log anything. I tried it anyway (hitting control as the program comes up), but that doesn't do anything.  I even restored my system to an earlier point, and that didn't even work.

Posts 25570
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 5:42 PM

Ron Christensen:
Thanks for the attempt.

Ron, I suggest you contact Technical Support at Logos as they have the facilities to investigate this issue using your computer.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 41
Ron Christensen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 6:11 PM

Yep,

Gonna do it Monday. 

Please pray for me in this situation. I NEED this software for my schooling.

God Bless.

Posts 28696
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 6:14 PM

Ron Christensen:
Gonna do it Monday. 

Er ... a... I think Monday is a holiday. Or don't we let those Logos people take holidays?Wink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 9:35 AM

Ron Christensen:

Yep,

Gonna do it Monday. 

Please pray for me in this situation. I NEED this software for my schooling.

God Bless.

Ron,

Our Customer Support team (as well as sales) will be open on Monday from 6am-5pm Pacific Time.

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 28696
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 2:10 PM

Deborah Mickens:
Our Customer Support team (as well as sales) will be open on Monday from 6am-5pm Pacific Time.

Your hardworking staff gets my sympathy (and appreciation).

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS