Accidental Closure of Tabs

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 8969
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2019 6:56 PM

Chris & Angie Walker:

I agree this design choice is frustrating as translator who simultaneously uses many tabs.  Despite being able re-open tabs it's still frustrating.  I would really appreciate a toggle option to allow me to turn off the X in inactive tabs, that way this will not affect those who want to retain this design feature but would relieve frustration for those of us who really do!

Welcome to the forums Chris and Angie. You make a great suggestion. I would love to be able to turn toggle inactive tabs on and off.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 52
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 18 2019 8:02 AM

As one who started in Logos 2.0 Beta, and now over $10K, here’s my two shekels.

It’s not Logos’ fault I like to have 50+ tabs open. On a 13” MBP icons are very small, accidental closures too often.
IF at all possible, migrate to a larger screen, and / or figure out how to do “layers.”
I now use a 27” iMac at home, where in both Mac Catalina & Win10 [via VMWare Fusion 11.5] it is possible to snap windows to half screen, appearing to have 2 monitors [w/ Mac Magnet]. I can have Logos on left, MSWord on right. Or Logos in both halves, just like two monitors. I’ve learned to save layouts with different names for 27" or 13”, as they do appear differently.
Instead of having all windows on one layer, Alt-Tab or Cmd-Tab to different layers. They can’t be read all at same time, so figure out which ones go ‘behind,’ or to a different layer.

I link Bibles to B, Concordances to C (Strong’s, BrillDAG, DBL etc), Dictionaries to D, Encyclopedia to E, Auxilary info to A, Duplicated Bibles to F. Duplicate a Bible to other screen half, send links to that so the Bible being studied stays put.
As pointed out in recent Logos webinar, another solution is 2 (or more) monitors.

I hope this may help those who really want to know and walk with The Most High Eternal One (Amos 3:3), and YHWH in The Flesh – His son Jesus Christ Yeshua ha Meshiach. Information must become Transformation or we have big head / little heart. We must keep moving from milk to full maturity (He6:1,2; Ep4:13b; Jn4:34).

Blessings, and Shalom!

David
     Jude 3

Posts 3084
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 18 2019 9:04 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Chris & Angie Walker:

I agree this design choice is frustrating as translator who simultaneously uses many tabs.  Despite being able re-open tabs it's still frustrating.  I would really appreciate a toggle option to allow me to turn off the X in inactive tabs, that way this will not affect those who want to retain this design feature but would relieve frustration for those of us who really do!

Welcome to the forums Chris and Angie. You make a great suggestion. I would love to be able to turn toggle inactive tabs on and off.

An option that lets me reduce the number of times I accidentally close a tab is a good option in my book.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS