Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 157
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 11 2018 8:07 AM

Running version 8.1.0.0003 on Laptop running WIndows 10 latest version.

Have just started to input a few notes and the lapse between typing and the results showing on screen is several seconds. Similarly with editing and deleting notes there is a considerable lapse of time. This has only just started happening within the last few days.

I have tried restarting programme but with no effect.

Help please notes are really unusable at the moment!

Tony.

Posts 4550
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 8:13 AM

Greetings Anthony

Sampling logs may well help diagnose the problem with your installation.

Your experience with the Notes system is atypical as far as I know.

Posts 157
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 8:54 AM

Hi Mike,

I have done as you suggested and sent the log files.

However, I was just trying a few things out and tried the Web App, that is also quite slow so I'm wondering if Logos maybe has some sort of server problem at the moment.

We shall see!

Tony.

Posts 4550
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 9:19 AM

Anthony Dowden:
I have done as you suggested and sent the log files.

That is fine Tony, however if you attach your zipped logs to a post in this thread one of the volunteers might be quicker at having a look at them and pointing you in the right direction.

Use the paper clip in the tool bar above to attach you zipped logs to your post.

Posts 157
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 10:12 AM

Hi Mike,

Sorry, I didn't realise somebody here might be able to help.

Attached zipped log files as requested.

Tony6232.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 157
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 7:34 AM

Hi,

Just having another go at using notes on my laptop. Actually typing the note seems to be working OK. What is causing the delay is using the delete (back space key). I have just timed it a couple of times and basically if I hit the key six times to delete a word it takes four seconds for the cursor to slowly move back and erase the word. I have not come across any other problems on my laptop. On this post for instance the back space key works almost instantaneously.

Anybody got any ideas as to what is happening. I'm sure this wasn't occurring last week when I was entering notes.

Tony

Posts 157
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 13 2018 2:49 PM

This is really odd. I was struggling to enter some notes today and all of a sudden it sped up and I was able to delete as usual.

I have no idea why this happened. There was nothing to say that Logos was indexing library prior to that and definitely nothing else running on my laptop.

Tony

Posts 4550
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2018 12:09 AM

Anthony Dowden:
This is really odd. I was struggling to enter some notes today and all of a sudden it sped up and I was able to delete as usual.

Oh well we all have our off days.

Perhaps the App is working as usual and its you that has slowed down to match it.  :-)

Posts 157
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2018 1:30 AM

Mike,

No, definitely not me. All my days are slow now I am fast approaching my expiry date.

But, I am getting lots of erratic behaviour from Logos. A couple of days ago I was reading my Bible on my iPad and found that when I tapped on a note icon nothing happened. I tried it on loads of notes but couldn’t get any response. I tried several times over a period of a couple of hours. The next day it worked as usual. No updates of software from either Facelife or Logos so what caused that I have not the foggiest.

Perhaps Logos has taken character from the Word and started to contain mysteries! Twilight Zone!!!

Tony.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS