Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 12 2018 10:34 AM

How do you export a whole notebook? 

Posts 4107
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 12:03 PM

Select the Notebook and click the three dots at the top right of the note tool pane. Select Print/Export

Posts 3
Thomas W Haynes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2019 5:26 AM

Thanks for your information it helped me move in the right direction BUT I have an issue maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

When I click on the ellipsis and select Print/Export, it only exports or print the current note NOT the whole notebook.

I found a work-around by selecting the notebook in the left panel (notebook/filter selection) and then Control-Click each note in the notebook, then the print/export will do all the notes.

I'm probably missing something and I was hoping you could shed some light on it.

Thanks in advance 

Posts 21136
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2019 5:48 AM

Hi Thomas - and welcome to the forums

Thomas W Haynes:
When I click on the ellipsis and select Print/Export, it only exports or print the current note NOT the whole notebook.

Strange - I've just tested it and it exports the entire notebook.

Can you post a screenshot showing the Notes Tool when you are doing this? (Use the paperclip icon in the forum editor)

Graham

Posts 1457
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2019 6:08 AM

The way Thomas describes is how it works for me on a Mac. It will only print/export the SELECTED notes, not the whole notebook. Maybe this is different on Windows?

Thomas, you can quickly select a group of notes by clicking the first one, scrolling to the last one you want to include, holding SHIFT down and clicking the final note.

How To Get Logs - macOS or Windows

Posts 21136
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2019 6:47 AM

Levi Durfey:
Maybe this is different on Windows?

Maybe - I was testing on Windows.

Posts 651
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2019 10:10 AM

Graham Criddle:

Thomas W Haynes:

Strange - I've just tested it and it exports the entire notebook.

I just tested in Windows and exported just the current note. When I closed that note, then the whole notebook was exported.

Posts 1457
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2019 10:42 AM

Jack Hairston:
When I closed that note, then the whole notebook was exported.

Ah hah, Jack...that's the secret. Now it works for me also.

How To Get Logs - macOS or Windows

Posts 130
Donald McNeeley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2019 12:28 PM

Thanks to all … really cool capability

Posts 3
Thomas W Haynes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 1 2019 5:48 AM

Here is what I found,  When I open the search tool, choose "Notebook" and then pick one of my notebooks. Then immediately (i.e. Never select a specific note) select Print / Export, It exports the entire notebook.  However, If I had selected a note to view / edit, then do the export, it will only do that individual note.  It make more sense to me now.

So I guess there is not a "bug".  I just thought it was a little misleading to me, being a novice.  It would be nice if there were a "Export WHOLE Notebook" button under the "Print/Export" menu.

Thanks

Posts 4487
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 1 2019 6:11 AM

James C.:

How do you export a whole notebook? 

Greetings James

Did the exchanges above help you out?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS