Please Help! Logos Taking 56 GIGS of space

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 17823
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2018 3:55 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Plan to update this thread after Library indexing completes, which could be sometime tomorrow.

Took 6.5 hours to rebuild Library Index on MBA with space usage reduction of 0.5 GB

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 27269
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 5:11 AM

Cynthia in Florida:
I have Logos 8, Platinum Package.

I think you have your primary issue cleared up, but for clarification: 

You don't just have "Logos 8, Platinum Package." You are a long time user and I know you have more than that! I have, for example, packages from L4, L5, L6, L7 (multiple) and L8 (multiple). [I believe FL started the "traditions" libraries with L7]

If a brand new user purchased "Logos 8, Platinum Package" they would not have all the resources that you have. You have more. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 17823
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 9:00 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
FYI: my MacBook Air (MBA) has a Library Index that is ~3 GB larger than my 27" iMac so choosing to rebuild library index (while maximizing free disk space)

Rebuilding Library Index on 27" iMac took 2 hours 20 minutes with size increase to 21.42 GB, which now matches MBA. Appears beta testing missed index integration of some library resources.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 14
Bill Kittredge | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2018 4:00 AM

JT,

just curious, I am a long time logos user, most likely 4 forward. If I buy a brand new computer and install 8, are you indicating I may not have some of my old resources purchased years ago?. Another words I would have to reinstall all previous versions. I had just assumed all resources I owned would always be added once I upload current version.

Posts 24568
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2018 4:32 AM

Bill Kittredge:
If I buy a brand new computer and install 8, are you indicating I may not have some of my old resources purchased years ago?. Another words I would have to reinstall all previous versions.

That is not the case. If you can use those resources now, they will be available when you download to the new computer. You can, however, backup your resource folder and use Method 3 to install onto your new computer.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 27269
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2018 6:35 AM

Bill Kittredge:
If I buy a brand new computer and install 8, are you indicating I may not have some of my old resources purchased years ago?

No, I am implying the opposite! For context, here is the post you are replying to:

JT (alabama24):

Cynthia in Florida:
I have Logos 8, Platinum Package.

I think you have your primary issue cleared up, but for clarification: 

You don't just have "Logos 8, Platinum Package." You are a long time user and I know you have more than that! I have, for example, packages from L4, L5, L6, L7 (multiple) and L8 (multiple). [I believe FL started the "traditions" libraries with L7]

If a brand new user purchased "Logos 8, Platinum Package" they would not have all the resources that you have. You have more. 

My post was to clarify to Cynthia that she does not JUST have the resources from L8... She has the resources from all other purchases she has made over the years. I don't know which ones those are in her case, but she is a long time user and has made previous purchases before. Hence her "56 GB" would not be representative of a first time purchaser of "L8 Platinum"

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS