please acquire Justification [2 vols.] Michael Horton

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 470
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 10:04 AM

Strange, I am seeing $53.98 for the two volume kindle edition. 

Posts 3214
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 11:18 AM

J. Remington Bowling:

The price for the two volume kindle edition is $43. $52 on Logos is a really good deal, imo, when you consider how big the price gap usually is (in my experience). 

Pricing is basically subjective- if its worth it to you- buy it, if not- pass. I'll pass it will probably be 12 months before I get a chance to read them- so I can wait and pick them up for less than half in paper. I have the other volumes in paper and bought them for less than $11 each. Some copies of Justification used are already showing for less than $18- in a year will be able to get both for les than $20- paper is ok, since the linking in Logos will be not much more than scripture references.

Posts 522
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 12:19 PM

Right, which is why I said imo. I mean, sure, if your only metric is price and you see no format advantages to Logos then paper books will win 99% of the time and Kindle will beat paper 99% of the time. 

Most people think that there are format advantages to digital over paper and, specifically, Logos over Kindle.

Potato resting atop 2020 Mac Pro stand.

Posts 522
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 12:20 PM

Robert Neely:

Look at the individual prices for them on Kindle: $21.99

Potato resting atop 2020 Mac Pro stand.

Posts 3214
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 12:41 PM

J. Remington Bowling:

Right, which is why I said imo. I mean, sure, if your only metric is price and you see no format advantages to Logos then paper books will win 99% of the time and Kindle will beat paper 99% of the time. 

Most people think that there are format advantages to digital over paper and, specifically, Logos over Kindle.

Actually I have digitized over 95% of my paper library, fairly simple- most 60% I have done in PDF, with most of the references that are in Logos and WS have been linked.

I don't mind doing the work, since most of it is done during the reading process.

It's all about the $$ saved over $1500 last year alone- being retired, working P/T, that's less $$ out of retirement acct- and extra dollars for season passes to mountain men and The Last Alaskans-  loving it.

Posts 470
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 3:48 PM

J. Remington Bowling:

Robert Neely:

Look at the individual prices for them on Kindle: $21.99

I must be getting the family discount.

Posts 2381
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 16 2019 5:13 AM

They're shipping next month.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS