4.0d Beta 1 (4.04.3.9992) crashed

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 48
Caleb Lau | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 25 2010 7:28 PM | Locked

2605.Logos4.log

3554.Logos4Crash.txt

Hi,

After upgrading from 4.0c SR1 to 4.0d Beta 1, Logos starts to crash right after displaying the layout. The crash logs are attached. Please help.

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 1:50 AM | Locked

Try http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_Not_Starting

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 4:20 AM | Locked

Crash here too.

7711.Logos Log Files.zip

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 7:50 AM | Locked

Paul Golder:

Crash here too.

7711.Logos Log Files.zip

Yea, it seems to not want to open at all. Goes to "Logos indexer has stopped working" within a few seconds.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 7:54 AM | Locked

We'll take a look at your logs.

Posts 48
Caleb Lau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 7:57 AM | Locked

Mark Barnes:

Try that. It still crashes.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 8:08 AM | Locked

Ka-LiongLau:

Mark Barnes:

Try that. It still crashes.

Ditto

Posts 48
Caleb Lau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 9:23 AM | Locked

I also notice that if I keep on trying to start logos 4 after it crashed, it will eventually start successfully. So far I have two successful starts out of 10-20 crashes.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 9:49 AM | Locked

Paul Golder:
Crash here too.

Paul ~  Does Logos 4 crash right after displaying the layout, as it does for Ka-Liong Lau?

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 10:25 AM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:

Paul Golder:
Crash here too.

Paul ~  Does Logos 4 crash right after displaying the layout, as it does for Ka-Liong Lau?

It did one time, but only when I had "open with blank layout" selected. After that is when it started crashing every time, regardless of layout choice.

It all seem to start after I rebuilt the index.  ( I did interrupt the initial index with the "rebuild index" command and let it finish completely before starting L4 )

Posts 66
Christopher S Macy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 10:28 AM | Locked

2783.Logos4IndexerCrash.txt

Hey... I also have had this same crashing problem. I start up Logos 4 and it does one of two errors: 1) opens the program (but not the layout) then crashes via a windows error stating it has stopped working. or 2) logos gives an error that the indexer has stopped working.

I tried uninstalling Logos 4 via windows uninstall in control panel and reinstalled it, still receive the same crashes above.

From my error log I have this:

Error ID: 6410
Error detail: DatabaseVersionException: The database schema (16) is newer than the latest schema recognized by this code (15). The database cannot be opened.

7658.Logos4Crash.txt

Thank You, hope this helps the fix

Chris~

Windows 7 (32 bit) AMD Quad-Core

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 10:32 AM | Locked

Christopher S Macy:
I tried uninstalling Logos 4 via windows uninstall in control panel and reinstalled it, still receive the same crashes above.

The reason you got the 2nd error (Error ID: 6410) was because you had installed 4.0d Beta 1, then reverted back to 4.0c SR-1, so the error is saying that the databases for 4.0d B1 are newer than the 4.0c software engine can support. 

Are you able to update to 4.0d Beta 1 again?

Posts 66
Christopher S Macy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 10:35 AM | Locked

no, the software continues to crash, I am unable to do anything from the command line textbox. hmmm, did I just make my problem worse then?

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 10:45 AM | Locked

Christopher S Macy:

no, the software continues to crash, I am unable to do anything from the command line textbox. hmmm, did I just make my problem worse then?

You may want to make sure all your user documents, etc. are synched to the server, then uninstall and reinstall the software (edit--4.0d B1). This would require deleting the Logos 4 folder after uninstall. You could backup the Logos 4 Resources folder to avoid having to download your books again, but I recommend allowing it to reindex; in other words, don't back up your index files.

Posts 31961
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 12:03 PM | Locked

Christopher S Macy:
hmmm, did I just make my problem worse

Love your avatar ... I often refer to you (okay I have my Bill the Cat days - nothing personal)

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 411
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 12:04 PM | Locked

I am not seeing this same crashing on any of my layouts. I thought originally because I was offnet, but no issue on-net either.

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 3:50 PM | Locked

Ka-LiongLau:

I also notice that if I keep on trying to start logos 4 after it crashed, it will eventually start successfully. So far I have two successful starts out of 10-20 crashes.

Ka-Liong Lau,

Development is asking if you will collect a crash dump to help them troubleshoot this crash. Please follow the first set of instructions here: http://wiki.logos.com/Creating_a_Crash_Dump_with_ProcDump. The crash dump files can be very large, even when zipped. If the zipped file is not too large to email, you can email it to logos4feedback@logos.com. If it's too large to email, please let me know, and I will ask a support technician to contact you to do a file transfer.

Thank you.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 3:53 PM | Locked

Paul Golder:
Yea, it seems to not want to open at all. Goes to "Logos indexer has stopped working" within a few seconds.

Paul,

Development is asking if you will collect a crash dump to help them troubleshoot this crash. Please follow the"Collecting Diagnostics for the Indexer" instructions here: http://wiki.logos.com/Creating_a_Crash_Dump_with_ProcDump. The crash dump files can be very large, even when zipped. If the zipped file is not too large to email, you can email it to logos4feedback@logos.com. If it's too large to email, please let me know, and I will ask a support technician to contact you to do a file transfer.

Thank you.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 5:24 PM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:

Paul,

Development is asking if you will collect a crash dump to help them troubleshoot this crash

It's on the way. Let me know if you get it OK.

Posts 48
Caleb Lau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 8:19 PM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:

Ka-Liong Lau,

Development is asking if you will collect a crash dump to help them troubleshoot this crash. Please follow the first set of instructions here: http://wiki.logos.com/Creating_a_Crash_Dump_with_ProcDump. The crash dump files can be very large, even when zipped. If the zipped file is not too large to email, you can email it to logos4feedback@logos.com. If it's too large to email, please let me know, and I will ask a support technician to contact you to do a file transfer.

Thank you.

Hi Melissa,

The crash dump is sent.

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS