4.0d Beta 1 (4.04.3.9992) crashed

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 7:20 AM | Locked

Paul Golder:
It's on the way. Let me know if you get it OK.

I got it, thank you.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 7:20 AM | Locked

Ka-LiongLau:
The crash dump is sent.

I have the file, thank you.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 7:28 AM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:

Paul Golder:
It's on the way. Let me know if you get it OK.

I got it, thank you.

If there is any experimenting you, or development, wants me to do to, feel free to let me know.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 9063
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 9:35 AM | Locked

Paul Golder:

If there is any experimenting you, or development, wants me to do to, feel free to let me know.

The crash dump did contain information about the same crash you had reported earlier, but unfortunately not enough for me to see exactly why the problem is happening. I'd like you to try collecting a dump with a different tool (that's a little more complicated to use); the instructions are here: http://wiki.logos.com/Creating_a_Crash_Dump_with_ADPlus

The dump files that ADPlus creates are typically very large, so let us know if it ends up being too big to email.

Thanks,
Bradley 

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 10:02 AM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

The crash dump did contain information about the same crash you had reported earlier, but unfortunately not enough for me to see exactly why the problem is happening. I'd like you to try collecting a dump with a different tool (that's a little more complicated to use); the instructions are here: http://wiki.logos.com/Creating_a_Crash_Dump_with_ADPlus

The dump files that ADPlus creates are typically very large, so let us know if it ends up being too big to email.

Thanks,
Bradley 

I will get it out around 3:00 PM PDT

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 2:18 PM | Locked

Logos 4.0d beta 1 crashes a lot for me as well. I attached the logs for a recent crash. I just  opened the program and enlarged it to full screen, then it crashed. Sometimes it crashed when I just start the program.

4846.Logos Log Files4.zip

I moved a few books to the Prioritize list, then I shut Logos down. Now I cannot start it at all. As soon as it starts to draw the program screen, it crashes. I am stuck and cannot run the program.What can I do?

4834.Logos Log Files5.zip

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 2:28 PM | Locked

Harry Hahne:
Logos 4.0d beta 1 crashes a lot for me as well. I attached the logs for a recent crash. I just  opened the program and enlarged it to full screen, then it crashed. Sometimes it crashed when I just start the program.

You're getting the same error as others in this thread. It may be that the crash dump files provided to development team by the other users will give them all the information they need to troubleshoot the crash. However, if you want to create a crash dump from your system, you can follow the first set of instructions here: http://wiki.logos.com/Creating_a_Crash_Dump_with_ProcDump. The crash dump files can be very large, even when zipped. If the zipped file is not too large to email, you can email it to logos4feedback@logos.com. If it's too large to email, please let me know, and I will ask a support technician to contact you to do a file transfer.

Posts 48
Caleb Lau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 2:42 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Thanks,
Bradley 

7242.ADPlus_log_14ec_2010-05-27_16-22-53-203.log

Bradley,

Please check my log file generated from ADPlus after Logos4.0d Beta1 crashed. If you need the dump file, I can send it to you separately. It is quite large ~598M. Hope this help.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 3:18 PM | Locked

Ka-LiongLau:
Please check my log file generated from ADPlus after Logos4.0d Beta1 crashed. If you need the dump file, I can send it to you separately. It is quite large ~598M. Hope this help.

I put the log in the bug case. Thanks.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 3:18 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Thanks,
Bradley 

Hi Bradley,

I tried to collect the dump, but ran into two problems.

• First was that there is no VBS script named "ADPlus.vbs", but there is one named "ADPlus_old.vbs"
  • Second, if I rename ADPlus_old.vbs to ADPlus.vbs and run your command line,  I am getting a requirement request form the debugger asking for an environment variable named "_NT_SYMBOL_PATH", that would point to a path with the proper symbols.

Posts 9063
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 3:31 PM | Locked

Paul Golder:

It looks like Microsoft has released a new version of the Debugging Tools for Windows since I wrote that wiki page (and made it harder to install). I'm sorry if you went to all the trouble of downloading the WDK, mounting/burning the ISO, etc.

I haven't ever used that specific version, so it may be causing the problem. Please uninstall it, and install the old version 6.11.1.404 from the version-specific link:

Previous Release version 6.11.1.404 - March 27, 2009
Install 32-bit version 6.11.1.404 [16.9 MB]

Let me know if you still have problems with the older version of the Debugging Tools.

Posts 48
Caleb Lau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 3:36 PM | Locked

Paul Golder:

Hi Bradley,

• First was that there is no VBS script named "ADPlus.vbs", but there is one named "ADPlus_old.vbs"
  • Second, if I rename ADPlus_old.vbs to ADPlus.vbs and run your command line,  I am getting a requirement request form the debugger asking for an environment variable named "_NT_SYMBOL_PATH", that would point to a path with the proper symbols.

Hi Paul,

To run the new version ADPlus.exe under command prompt:

1. add the debugger installation directory PATH=%PATH%;C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\Debuggers.

2. go to the Logos4 directory (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos4\System\) and run the command "adplus.exe -crash -o c:\temp -NoDumpOnFirst -MiniOnSecond -pmn Logos4.exe"

3. run Logos4.exe. This will create a sub-directory under c:\temp\20100527_######_Crash_Mode which contains log files and dump file.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 4:01 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

It looks like Microsoft has released a new version of the Debugging Tools for Windows since I wrote that wiki page (and made it harder to install). I'm sorry if you went to all the trouble of downloading the WDK, mounting/burning the ISO, etc.

I haven't ever used that specific version, so it may be causing the problem. Please uninstall it, and install the old version 6.11.1.404 from the version-specific link:

Previous Release version 6.11.1.404 - March 27, 2009
Install 32-bit version 6.11.1.404 [16.9 MB]

Let me know if you still have problems with the older version of the Debugging Tools.

No problem, worked fine got the dump. It's too big to email though (131mb zipped). So if you want to email/call with a link to upload it to, or an invite for you take over my machine, an grab it, either would be fine.

Paul

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 4:09 PM | Locked

Ka-LiongLau:

Hi Paul,

To run the new version ADPlus.exe under command prompt:...

Thanks for the info, but I was able to get it with the older version. Smile

Posts 9063
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 4:58 PM | Locked

Paul Golder:

No problem, worked fine got the dump. It's too big to email though (131mb zipped). So if you want to email/call with a link to upload it to, or an invite for you take over my machine, an grab it, either would be fine.

Please use http://www.transferbigfiles.com/ to send it to my email (bgrainger at Logos).

Posts 9063
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 5:01 PM | Locked

Ka-LiongLau:

If you have a fast upload speed, you can send it to my email (bgrainger at Logos) using http://www.transferbigfiles.com/. However, if it's not feasible to upload that file on your Internet connection, that's OK; Paul also has a crash dump and his may have enough information for us to figure out the problem.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 6:40 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
Please use http://www.transferbigfiles.com/ to send it to my email (bgrainger at Logos).

Sent.

File name: Crash_Mode__Date_05-27-2010__Time_18-49-23PM.zip

Posts 48
Caleb Lau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 7:32 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

If you have a fast upload speed, ...

Hi Bradley,

I uploaded my crash dump in case you need it.

FULLDUMP_FirstChance_epr_Process_Shut_Down_Logos4.exe__14ec_2010-05-27_16-24-17-121_0528.dmp.zip

Posts 9063
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 7:51 PM | Locked

I have received both these files--thanks. I'll let you know what I find.

Posts 9063
LogosEmployee

The problem is in code I added for 4.0d to try to solve a persistent bug we had with our SQLite databases in 4.0c and earlier. However, this change seems to have made things much worse. Sad

I have an experimental patch I'd like you to try to see if it helps stop the crashing.

Please download and unzip the attached file to your %LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos4\System folder (overwriting the existing DLL file that's there), and let me know if this improves the stability of Logos 4. (If it does still crash, please upload the Logos4Crash.txt file so I can see if it's the same crash still, or a different one.)

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS