I love the instantaneous Logos status bar. Can I have it on a panel?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Ezriel | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 20 2018 5:27 AM

Hi!

So when I move the mouse around over a tagged text, the status bar updates a little definition (at the bottom of the page) quickly as a flash. I love this kind of experience!

I'm trying to discover a way to put that instantaneous definition inside the Info tool (or another panel), but each dictionary I've set up, even the smaller ones, gave me way slower results.

Any idea?

Posts 3065
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 5:33 AM

Ezriel:

Hi!

So when I move the mouse around over a tagged text, the status bar updates a little definition (at the bottom of the page) quickly as a flash. I love this kind of experience!

I'm trying to discover a way to put that instantaneous definition inside the Info tool (or another panel), but each dictionary I've set up, even the smaller ones, gave me way slower results.

Any idea?

Is this what you are looking for? https://community.logos.com/forums/p/123770/810378.aspx 

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 2214
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 5:39 AM

Hi Ezriel,

Welcome to the forums.

For me having the Info window change on a click rather than a hover works best. I do not want to see more detail on everything I hover over, but those that I do I can click on. The popup is for quick review, but a click means I want to investigate further. In addition, you can have your lexicons linked to your Bible and a click will open those immediately to that lemma. This also works with the Bible Word Study. Just some ideas for you to try to see if they assist you in your study.

Here is a screenshot with the BWS, Bible and Lexicon Linked with "B".

This does not fix the speed issue, but works better within the restraints of the software. I do not know of a lexicon that will populate in the information window faster using hover.

Posts 18
Lucian Benigno | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 6:06 AM

I'm trying to get the same on Logos as well.

I think there's a place for the slower and fuller results you can get when you click a word, but I also would be happy hovering over a tagged word to have instantaneous results in a panel.

Posts 2214
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 7:40 AM

The best I can suggest is to make sure all other sections of the Information window are collapsed so they do not populate and go to settings under definition and uncheck surface text, louw nida and strongs boxes. You will still have to pause your mouse for it to populate. Mine does it in around 1 second. You can experiment with various lexicons to see which provide you the information you want and the time you are willing to wait.

Posts 7
Ezriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 7:17 AM

Thank you, David and John, for the kind reception.
Who knows someone else could also help?

Posts 22083
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 7:21 AM

Hi Ezriel

Ezriel:
Who knows someone else could also help?

Did the suggestion to set the Information Tool to "Update on Hover" and to look at the results of the "Word Info" section not give you what you are looking for?

Graham 

Posts 7
Ezriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 7:52 AM

(Duplicated message)

Posts 7
Ezriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 8:05 AM

Hi, Graham, thank you for answering!

Here is what I have looking at the results of the "Word Info" on the Info Tool. Do you have something different?

Anyway, I think the results of the "Definition" come a little quicker here, but even so it isn't really so instantaneous as those footnotes.

Posts 22083
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 8:44 AM

Hi Ezriel 

I see what you mean about it not showing all thr information displayed in the lower box.

I’m afraid I don’t know of any other option - and I agree it is somewhat slower

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS