Does anybody care about the customer?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Joseph Bayly | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 27 2018 5:58 PM

I've been paying $20/month for over two years and suddenly you took away all the books I use most often and have the most work invested in. All my highlights gone. No warning was given. I found out while trying to do sermon prep. 

And on top of this, I was explicitly told on the phone with customer support that they wouldn't do this sort of thing, which is the only reason I decided on the subscription.

I sent an email to customer service over a week ago and still haven't heard anything back.

Is this company for real?

Posts 26108
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 6:36 PM

a) call don't email for a quick response, especially when they are extra busy releasing a new version

b) have you checked your spam mail for warning emails?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 14
Joseph Bayly | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 7:02 PM

Thanks for the advice.

a. I've learned my lesson about relying on phone conversations. All my correspondence will be written at this point.

b. Yes. I've checked my spam folder several times, both for warning emails and for responses to my email. I have no problem receiving emails from Logos. I've gotten 10 in the last week, mostly advertisements. 

Posts 2
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 8:05 PM

I'm in the same boat Joseph, lost 500 books.  CS transferred me to sales so I could buy a library that might have some of the books I lost. Didn't buy anything.  Please post anything positive you might find. 

Posts 1804
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 10:43 PM

Joseph and Robert, I’m sorry you’ve had a bad experience. I’m not sure how you might have lost access to books. I’m not aware of any changes we’ve made to the Logos Cloud libraries in Faithlife Connect. Is it possible that you missed a payment and lost access to your subscription? I’ll look into this with the team and make sure we get you both taken care of ASAP. Any other details you can provide would help us get to the bottom of your situations more quickly.

Posts 14
Joseph Bayly | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2018 4:56 AM

No. I've been successfully charged every month on the 22nd. I can tell you some of the resources I lost access to:

Calvin, Lange, Augustine, Nicene and Post Nicene Fathers, etc. 

As I said in my email, 

“I just went and checked and found that most of the other resources I've used most heavily are not accessible either, which made me think this must just be a technical problem. But searching through the full list of included resources on this page I see no reference to the works I'm missing.”

Posts 2
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2018 5:41 AM

Thanks Phil!  The resources went missing Nov 13, which I believe was the original date that was given back in the spring when we were told we would be converted to Faithlife Connect subscriptions.  It also looks like all my temporary books not in the current Essentials subscription were removed.  Also, no missed payments.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS