Hiding Less Resources

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Posts 144
Josiah | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 28 2018 9:58 AM

I'm trying to hide less resources, but some resources seem to clutter no matter what I do.  Does anyone have any good solutions for these types of resources, or should they be feature enhancement requests?

--

1) Media Collections. Unlike other sections, the Passage Guide "Media Resources" has no "Settings" via which you can specify a subset of resources to populate from (via Collections) so it always populates from ALL resources.  Most of these are type:"Media Collections" but in some instances images can be pulled from Monographs and Encyclopedias as well.  I'm not trying to be sour or overly critical, but I do think some of the heavily westernized Biblical illustrations sometimes do more harm than good, and unless I'm doing work specifically on that topic, I'd rather not have them enter into my consideration.  To a lesser extent, the following sections also have this problem: Illustrations, Sermons, and Sermon Outlines, but I find less clutter there. 

2) Lexicons.  When I go to a Bible Word Study and look at the Lemma, I want to see HALOT/BDAG, TDOT/TDNT, TLOT/TLNT, and the NIDOTTE/NIDNTT.  That's all.  Basically 4 resources for any word.  As is I have like 20!

3) Textual Variants.  Again I'd like an option to point the Apparatuses and Editions at a subset of my library.  Some of the resources which show up here -- especially for NT -- just clutter things up for me.

Posts 25100
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2018 1:22 PM

Josiah:
1) Media Collections. Unlike other sections, the Passage Guide "Media Resources" has no "Settings" via which you can specify a subset of resources to populate from (via Collections) so it always populates from ALL resources. 

It's a matter of personal preference, but I've hidden all the "Images from xxxx" resources. There's probably more I could get rid of (not useful), but I rarely use PG "Media Resources".

Josiah:
2) Lexicons.  When I go to a Bible Word Study and look at the Lemma, I want to see HALOT/BDAG, TDOT/TDNT, TLOT/TLNT, and the NIDOTTE/NIDNTT.  That's all.  Basically 4 resources for any word.  As is I have like 20!

That's a real problem with mobile apps; which have one long list. The desktop has a more > after the first three lexicons, so you should use Prioritization to best effect i.e carefully prioritize your top  3 Greek lexicons and top three Hebrew/Aramaic lexicons.

Josiah:
3) Textual Variants.  Again I'd like an option to point the Apparatuses and Editions at a subset of my library.

You can make suggestions through User Voice.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS