Search for the "blood of Jesus Christ"

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2659
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 30 2018 5:05 PM

As Logos resources are being suggested, please remember that any discussion or debate over this topic really belongs elsewhere:

1. Please keep your discussions focused on Logos Bible Software: our software, products, websites, company, tools, etc.
  2. Please do not discuss or debate biblical, theological, or other controversial topics. Use one of the many web forums intended for these kinds of discussions.

Thanks for keeping the forum guidelines in mind!

Posts 203
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2018 5:26 AM

Beloved:

Tes:

Graham Owen:
it is often used with good intentions but every explanation that I have been given has lacked Bible support.

I haven't understood what you mean. which has lacked Bible support. 

I'm not Graham, but I offer this for your study:

Is Pleading the Blood of Jesus Biblical?

Thanks Beloved

Tes

I think Beloved has explained this quite well. The point that I was trying to make is that when trying to understand some of what I would call "sound bites" that seem to dominate the Church today I have found that I need to trace it back, as far as I am able, to the original teaching and try and track how the current idea deviates from the original thought or intention.

For me a classic is asking God to "enlarge my border" based on the prayer of Jabez while ignoring the fact that "Jabez was more honourable than his brothers". 

One parallel area for study would be worldviews and how they corrupt theology. One of the challenges of the current age is "entitlement" and this is definitely reflected in much of what is taught from the Bible where promises are claimed with no regard for their context. 

If you can find it Kenneth E. Hagin's last book "The Midas Touch: A Balanced Approach to Biblical Prosperity" is an interesting read.

Billy Graham is famously quoted as saying that many fail to fully commit to Christ because they have been vaccinated and now have just enough of the real thing to stop them catching the real thing. I think the same is true of Biblical truth today, many know just enough Bible to prevent them knowing the whole Bible.

BTW - I'm also Pentecostal and pastor a Church here in the UK that is part of Church of God, Cleveland Tennessee. 

Posts 203
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2018 5:55 AM

Tes:

Graham Owen:
I have heard the statement that concerns you many times,

Would you please elaborate it? I am not aware of your comments. What is the statement that concerns me?

Graham Owen:
it is often used with good intentions but every explanation that I have been given has lacked Bible support.

Realised that my last post did not address these questions fully.

Sorry if I misunderstood I thought that you had concerns about the way the phrase "I cover you with the Blood" is used and specifically whether it was rooted in the Bible.

To clarify lacking Biblical support, my personal experience is that most of the people that quote this and other similar phrases do so out of habit or because they think it sounds right and when questioned about them they might say its what the Bible teaches but have no idea where it is because they are simply propagating something that they heard someone else say. Sadly to often things are propagated because they sound right rather than because they are right.

In the context of searching and specifically searching the text of the Bible, if you cannot find something that using the techniques originally suggested (thing:blood person:Jesus) then a series of broader searches may help you find pointers to Bible texts from related articles. My preferred approach in this context is to use the broader search to build a list of verses to look at so I will often ignore the commentary and conclusions and focus on the Bible source text being used.

Posts 2802
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2018 8:50 AM

Graham Owen:

Tes:

Graham Owen:
I have heard the statement that concerns you many times,

Would you please elaborate it? I am not aware of your comments. What is the statement that concerns me?

Graham Owen:

Realised that my last post did not address these questions fully.

Sorry if I misunderstood I thought that you had concerns about the way the phrase "I cover you with the Blood" is used and specifically whether it was rooted in the Bible.

To clarify lacking Biblical support, my personal experience is that most of the people that quote this and other similar phrases do so out of habit or because they think it sounds right and when questioned about them they might say its what the Bible teaches but have no idea where it is because they are simply propagating something that they heard someone else say. Sadly to often things are propagated because they sound right rather than because they are right.

In the context of searching and specifically searching the text of the Bible, if you cannot find something that using the techniques originally suggested (thing:blood person:Jesus) then a series of broader searches may help you find pointers to Bible texts from related articles. My preferred approach in this context is to use the broader search to build a list of verses to look at so I will often ignore the commentary and conclusions and focus on the Bible source text being used.

Absolutely you are right Graham. Since as you have mentioned it they say it out of habit with out any Bible base they have nothing to say. What I have got up to now is enough. I am a Pentecostal believer, But I don't agree on every Issue. I am a Bible believer. Many times preachers as well as ordinary believers have made their habit to say so. They say I cover with the blood of Jesus Christ to people, cars, house, children, and so on... instead of mentioning Jesus Himself. Thank you all of you. I think Faithlife has misunderstood. We have not discussed about theology. It was about  how to  search  the software.I am well satisfied with your comments and Beloved as well. God bless you!

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1934
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 10:59 AM

Tes:

I think Faithlife has misunderstood. We have not discussed about theology. It was about  how to  search  the software.I am well satisfied with your comments and Beloved as well. God bless you!

Hey Tes,

Just a reminder, but users with stars are our wonderful and helpful volunteer MVP's who give their time to help thier fellow users. Faithlife employees will have a Faithlife logo under thier name. While this discussion did not get into a theological debate, it did have the potential since we have so many forum users, and sometimes a gentle reminder can help keep things positive.

Posts 2802
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2018 8:25 AM

Philana R. Crouch:
Just a reminder, but users with stars are our wonderful and helpful volunteer MVP's who give their time to help thier fellow users. Faithlife employees will have a Faithlife logo under thier name. While this discussion did not get into a theological debate, it did have the potential since we have so many forum users, and sometimes a gentle reminder can help keep things positive.

Understood. Thank you.

Blessings in Christ.

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS