Miss categorisation of Bible Slide?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4423
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 2 2018 12:23 AM

Ok I don't do it often but today I woke up and found a great Bible Slide on the Home Page of my Logos Bible Software and though 'that's going in the 'Pre Service Loop'

Send - Proclaim

In it comes as a 'Bible' slide'.

Is this the most appropriate type of slide to be used?

Is anyone actually going to overwrite the text on the slide with something else?

Should not this have been designated a 'Content' slide or even a 'smart media' slide.

(the latter being something I simply have never got my head round despite reading the blurb and watching the videos)

Posts 286
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2018 4:52 AM

I concur regarding "Smart Media", just never said anything because I thought I might be the only one who didn't understand what "Apply as Smart Media" meant when adding a background. My horses are smarter than my JPEGs.

Posts 566
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2018 9:39 AM

I agree that it would probably be better to come in as a content item. Smart Media refers to media that has styled text embedded in it and is made for a specific item type. So you can only apply Song Smart Media to a Song Item (Because of the textfields)

Back in the day, if you wanted a background from a song smart Media, but your item was a bible type, you couldn’t do it. Now we let you apply it as just a background to any item type. 

So apply as smart media should be used when you want all the autodesign benifits of Proclaim, and apply as background should be used when you only want the background to change. 

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 4423
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2018 1:06 PM

Jordan Sjodin:
So apply as smart media should be used when you want all the autodesign benifits of Proclaim, and apply as background should be used when you only want the background to change. 

Well it sort of makes sense...

What I would like to see amongst the 'How too...' videos is one showing the building of a service using one of the design sets and even smart media.

The finished service would demonstrate a coherent design with the following elements.

Welcome

Call to Worship

Hymns ( you don't need to do all five but one or two examples perhaps one with four line verses and one with eight line verses)

Prayer Time

Offering

Bible Reading

Suitable Sermon background

Benediction or Blessing

I have been using Proclaim for years, have never used the Facebook, Twitter, etc slides but still struggle to get the above standard elements out of a single design group.

Posts 4423
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2018 4:19 AM

Jordan Sjodin:
I agree that it would probably be better to come in as a content item.

I wonder if this got lost in the discussion about Smart Media?

I see that there has been no change yet to this behaviour.

Posts 3485
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2018 4:21 PM

Thanks Mike, I think this did get dropped. We'll take a look Monday and see what we can do. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS