Your device isn't compatible with this version

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 36
Mac | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 2 2018 5:06 AM

Hi All, 

I have a problem after upgrading to Logos 8 on my android device.

I tried reinstalling the Logos Bible Study App on my android phone but in Google Play store, it does not allow me to load showing "your device isn't compatible with this version". I tried Faithlife ebooks app and showing the same error. But I can load faithlife community app and other apps. I have no trouble before loading the android Logos app in logos 7. 

I tried clearing all the cache from Google Play store but does not help. 

Anybody got the same problem? Thanks

Mac

Posts 58
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2018 6:32 AM

What device do you have?

Posts 1302
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2018 6:52 AM

What version of Android are you running?

According to the release notes page, Android 5.1 is the minimum version required.

See: https://wiki.logos.com/Android_Release_Notes

How To Get Logs - macOS or Windows

Posts 36
Mac | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2018 1:04 PM

Hi Levi,

Thanks for the info. Alas, my android is running 5.0. So sad.

Mac

Posts 454
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 2:17 AM

Can you upgrade your os to 5.1 the put L8 on it?

Bob

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Creator Edition (not used much)

MacBook Air (2017) with Mojave (preferred)

Ipad Air 2 (ios 12.1.1)

Iphone 6S (ios 12.1.1)

Posts 12702
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 3:35 AM

Levi Durfey:
Android 5.1 is the minimum version required.

5.1 was released in March 2015. Given that few Android devices can update to the later versions, I guess only devices bought since late 2015/early 2016 will be supported.

The iOS version requires iOS 11.2, which wasn't released until December 2017. However, that version support devices right back to the 5S which was released in September 2013.

Posts 2172
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 5:53 AM

Mark Barnes:

Levi Durfey:
Android 5.1 is the minimum version required.

5.1 was released in March 2015. Given that few Android devices can update to the later versions, I guess only devices bought since late 2015/early 2016 will be supported.

The iOS version requires iOS 11.2, which wasn't released until December 2017. However, that version support devices right back to the 5S which was released in September 2013.

We spend so much money on these 'toys' and then because the manufacturers want us to buy a newer unit they stop supporting the devices that are only four or five years old.  Windows 95 was released in 1995 and there are still many uses that have not 'updated'.  The machines still run 20 years latter but the manufacturers don't support so they can not run the latest programs.  And our hand held 'toys' live only until the non replaceable battery dies. The manufactures have us in their pockets.

Posts 36
Mac | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 2:18 PM

Hi Bob,

I have to buy a new cell phone now to be able to use Logos on it. In fact, there is no more L7 or L6 mobile app and one cannot use Logos Bible on any Android cell phone older than  Android 5.1 . One needs to buy a new cell phone. 

Mac

Posts 1890
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 3:10 PM

You can sideload an old app, but it would be unsupported. https://wiki.logos.com/Old_app_versions_for_Android

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 2172
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 4:50 PM

Jan Krohn:

You can sideload an old app, but it would be unsupported. https://wiki.logos.com/Old_app_versions_for_Android

Never removed the last supported one. But have another device that is still being updated so I can run the latest . 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS