Questions about sharing a document

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Posts 938
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 3 2018 4:55 PM

I have a few questions about sharing a document. I am using Logos 8.1 beta 4 on Windows 10.

1. From the desktop program, when I right click on a document name in the Docs list, I only see the option to make the document Public. Is there a way to share the document with only a select group of people without going to Manage Document Sharing on the Web?

2. Is there a way to share a document with several people without creating a Faithlife group for all of the people? In other words, I would like to just send them an email with a link to the document or click Share and enter an email address, much like you can with Dropbox.

3. I tried copying the link to a document while viewing the document in Manage Document Sharing on the Web. Then I logged on to my documents on the Web with a different Faithlife account. When I try to open the document with the link I copied, I get the error "The page you are trying to access does not exist." I don't want the whole world to see the document -- just people that I send the link to.

Posts 2961
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2018 6:13 PM

Harry Hahne:
1. From the desktop program, when I right click on a document name in the Docs list, I only see the option to make the document Public. Is there a way to share the document with only a select group of people without going to Manage Document Sharing on the Web?

You can only do this at http://documents.logos.com  

Harry Hahne:
2. Is there a way to share a document with several people without creating a Faithlife group for all of the people? In other words, I would like to just send them an email with a link to the document or click Share and enter an email address, much like you can with Dropbox.

To my knowledge, you can only share at the group level.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS