Kindle export/import?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1214
Ben | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 4 2018 2:14 PM

I own a book in Kindle which Logos does not and probably will never publish, a Bible translation with notes. It's in Kindle, and each footnote is a hyperlink. Is anyone aware of a tool that is capable of exporting from Kindle and converting into Logos-friendly format?

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 26315
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2018 2:18 PM

For this to work, you would need to break the copy protection, convert the file to .docx (Word), and compile using the personal book builder.

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 2166
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2018 3:18 PM

JT (alabama24):

For this to work, you would need to break the copy protection, convert the file to .docx (Word), and compile using the personal book builder.

AND if, or once, you do that under some 'fair use idea' keep it just for yourself [no free copies to anyone else]

Posts 1883
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2018 4:52 PM

Ben:

I own a book in Kindle which Logos does not and probably will never publish, a Bible translation with notes. It's in Kindle, and each footnote is a hyperlink. Is anyone aware of a tool that is capable of exporting from Kindle and converting into Logos-friendly format?

I made such tool some time ago. It's still a bit cumbersome to operate, and I've not had the time to make the desired improvements for the last two years, but it does the job with a bit of patience.

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/133985/875844.aspx#875844

(And maybe I'll get some motivation to work on it again early next year…)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS