BUG: Changing highlighting palette/style on highlighted text extremely slow.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 686
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 5 2018 7:52 AM

Faithlife eBook App; Android v. 7.0; App v. 8.0.7 (800077501)

Steps:

1. Swipe to highlight text in a book (the text will be highlighted with the last style you selected)
  2. tap the highlighted text and select the three vertical dots in the pop-up menu to select a different palette/style
  3. Tap a pallet other than the one the current highlight style is from - it takes around 20 seconds to switch to that palette.
  4. tap a style in that palette - it takes around 20 seconds to switch to that style
    • If you have to scroll up or down to get to your palette/style, it often freezes the app for about 20 seconds.
    • If you taped the palette/style you want and, as it sometimes does, scrolls up or down, it may select a different palette/style that ends up in the physical location on the screen where you tapped (not the palette/style you intended to select)
  5. click Done in the top-right corner to apply your new style to the highlighted text.

I do a lot of highlighting and use many palettes/styles.  Switching from one style to another takes 45-60 seconds and really slows down my reading/study.

HP ENVY x360 Convertible Notebook PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); I7-6500U@2.50GHz; 12GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS