Strange Behaviour Passage Guide

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 26117
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2018 2:00 AM

Whyndell Gizzard:
That's my point though isn't it- another item you have to go hunt for- instead I'm naming them in a fashion where 2 ltrs pops them up in the search field- one click, 2 ltrs- amazing there it is- not hunt through a scrolling list.

Aren't you just bypassing the purpose of pinning them at the top where they are instantly visible? Either method works and it's user preference.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3163
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2018 2:37 AM

MJ. Smith:

Whyndell Gizzard:
That's my point though isn't it- another item you have to go hunt for- instead I'm naming them in a fashion where 2 ltrs pops them up in the search field- one click, 2 ltrs- amazing there it is- not hunt through a scrolling list.

Aren't you just bypassing the purpose of pinning them at the top where they are instantly visible? Either method works and it's user preference.

Actually no- I use the tool bar for other items- which are for quick access- mostly individual books i'm reading, bible I use daily and other such items- once again personal preference is at work- but it is one that has worked for me at least a decade, proven and trustworthy- not based on a wildhair ideology.

A perfect example: create a guide- use EG type in Rev 1.1-3- it opens up- the whole thing is expanded- but what if I don't want it expanded but prefer to open as I go or scroll down only to open certain sections- I have to close as I go- totally the opposite of what it should be- why not simply have a button at top that indicates EA and tick it on and off- to preference?

Noooooooooo! lets have a wildhair moment :)

Posts 26117
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2018 8:48 AM

No, you misunderstood me - I'm not speaking of the shortcut bar but of the area at the top of the guides menu where one pins one's favorite guides and workflows.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3163
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2018 9:32 AM

MJ. Smith:

No, you misunderstood me - I'm not speaking of the shortcut bar but of the area at the top of the guides menu where one pins one's favorite guides and workflows.

I have tried that numerous times- it will not allow it.

Posts 3163
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2018 9:33 AM

Whyndell Gizzard:

MJ. Smith:

Well unless you accidently discover it is a right click function only.

Posts 1940
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2018 11:55 AM

Whyndell Gizzard:

Whyndell Gizzard:

MJ. Smith:

Well unless you accidently discover it is a right click function only.

Drag-n-drop has been mentioned (also by FL) as a desirable addition for reordering of the pinned items. I'd like to hope that at that time, it would also support dragging n dropping from elsewhere into the top row in order to pin.

Posts 3163
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 3:34 AM

Well have spent last couple days trying different approaches even building templates still same result. I built templates for NT and OT use specifically in PG- made 10 different studies for books between Romans and revelation- if I added or removed a panel within the template the result was the same- it added to all- and removed from all-this is ridiculous.

Really how is this beneficial.

So my only alternative is to go through the whole gambit every time- and I mean every time I want to do a PG or any other process.

Once again a great leap backward.

Posts 3163
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 7:20 AM

I have numerous PG's created in L7 they do not exhibit this same behaviour- so it is something specific to the PG of L8- you can fix this annoying behaviour.

Posts 3163
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 7:31 AM

Whyndell Gizzard:

I have numerous PG's created in L7 they do not exhibit this same behaviour- so it is something specific to the PG of L8- you can fix this annoying behaviour.

Well spoke to soon found this morning the behaviour has now migrated into the L7 PG's- so there goes another option to avoid this annoying behaviour.

Posts 26117
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 3:44 PM

are you doing the following steps for each PG?

1. open a new PG from the New button on the bottom right?
  2. providing the PG with a unique name?
  3. edit the guide
  4. close the guide
  5. repeat for each guide you wish to make?

That is the safest way to ensure that you are doing what the system expects if you want independent, persistent guides. If this is precisely what you are doing, then I suspect you have found a bug.

Posts 3163
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 4:52 PM

MJ

I know how to create a PG- been doing this a long time- that's not the issue.

I had 4 templates that I used in L7- OT, NOT, EXEGETICAL, THEOLOGY- L8 PG will let you make a template- but if I do a study on Rev. 1.1-3 using the template, then do a study on Rom. 1.1-16- and add a commentary section, or whatever- every study you did using this template- will show the change- that is annoying. This behaviour is ridiculous.

So the only way to avoid it is- to create a new PG for everything you do- that means- you have to set the PG up, name it and save it, open the PG up insert the reference, then sit there because everything expands open, and close it one at a time, then set your study with the preferred resources, then save the layout, then drag it to favorites - then repeat this annoying process a thousand times.

Why? because instead of being able to use a single template already setup- you can't.

It's just like the issue with favorites not being able to be pinned to home page- another ridiculous issue.

Hey I know i'm not part the FL Elite Club- I have pumped a lot of cash into this program and unlike some who spout off on this forums- I didn't get most of my stuff free- and that is straight from an ex-employee.

Posts 26117
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 5:09 PM

Whyndell Gizzard:
I know how to create a PG- been doing this a long time- that's not the issue.

I am trying to make sense out of your description of the problem. Creating PG's in L8 does not behave in exactly the same way as it did in L7. As I read your posts (a) sometimes you seem to not understand about how PG's now work which meets many users requests for a fresh/propagate function (b) sometimes you appear to be describing an actual bug that I can't replicate because I seem to misunderstand precisely what you are doing. Unfortunately, I cannot assist you if you are unwilling to work with me in making sure that I understand precisely what you are doing ... and unwilling to explore how to meet your needs given the new behavior.

Whyndell Gizzard:
I didn't get most of my stuff free

I am unaware of anyone active on the forums who got most their stuff free. And you know from reading the forums, I have no patience for this sort of illogical assertion. It is up to you to decide if you want to work through the issues with my demanding precision or wait for someone else to try to identify the problem you have using Logos 8.

Posts 3163
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 6:25 PM

I will not be posting here any longer- I have other things to do. goodbye.

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS