Does the Passion Translation have Psalms?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Daniel Olson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 6 2018 12:07 PM

So I just got the Passion Translation on Logos and I can’t seem to find Psalms, Proverbs or Song of Songs. Is it not included? I’m more confused because when you first open the Bible up it says ”New Testament with Psalms, Proverbs and Somg of Songs”

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Posts 2662
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 12:17 PM

No, it's not included. According to FL, it was an error with the metadata.

Psalms, Proverbs, and Song of Songs will be in the OT Passion Translation.

Posts 5133
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 12:35 PM

This ends up to be a very unusual case for FL. They so often like to brag about how everything you find in the printed book being in their edition. I do understand FL had no intention of publishing more than the NT yet when title page and preface clearly state those books are in there it becomes not only disappointing but clearly a sign that something has been removed. The problem seems to be that what FL wishes to publish a NT alone is not something that appears to ever have been offered (especially in the 2nd edition). Until FL goes in and changes the title page and copyright pages I suspect there will be more and more people inquiring about this. To me it would seem easier to just include the books that are part of the volume they got, but that is their decision. Although I cannot imagine the excluding of them is making them many fans.

-dan

Posts 2
Daniel Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 1:56 PM

Thank you that was driving me crazy, good to know it’s just an error.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS