Logos4 won't stop synchronising

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 143
Sam Henderson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 28 2010 12:20 AM

I run Logos4 under two different accounts on the same Windows XP  laptop (one account for home use , one for connection to the network at work). Because my internet connection at home is dial up, I shortcutted the last update by scanning the files from my work based logos resources file into my home based workspace resources folder using the "scan" command. This worked fine, saving hours of download time at dial-up speeds. My home login based version of Logos4 works just fine, BUT it has not stopped synchronising (whenever it has access to the internet) for the last week. I leave it connected to the internet for night after night, and it is still synchronising. And of course while it is synchronising over a dial-up internet connection there is very little bandwidth to do anything else.

Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to stop or shortcut this process of eternal sychnronisation without denying internet connection to Logos when it is active?

Posts 24923
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 1:22 AM

Let's have some logs so we can diagnose the problem  -  Diagnostic Logging  &  Uploading Logs

To alleviate the situation you can set Use Internet to NO in Program Settings and restart L4.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 143
Sam Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 4:29 AM

Log attached

8512.Logos4.log

2768.Logos4Crash.txt

Acer Laptop AMD Turion X2 Dual-core

2.00 GHz, 1.75 GB of RAM

Posts 24923
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 8:33 AM

I've created a wiki report to draw attention to this.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2010 2:53 PM

Sam,

When you switch from Home user acct to Work user acct or vice versa, do you choose Log Off or Switch User?  If you choose Switch User, is Logos 4 still open under the account you're switching from? 

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 143
Sam Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 5:55 AM

Melissa

I do a clean logout from each account to the other. The problem is still happening, by the way. I wonder if I have this problem because  I used a simple SCAN command to update resources from another login account. It may also be because it is trying to do a complete library sync between to different installs over a dial up line at 40Kbps. Either way,  I don't know to get out this continual data grinding without a complete reinstall.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 10:59 AM

SamHenderson:

Melissa

I do a clean logout from each account to the other. The problem is still happening, by the way. I wonder if I have this problem because  I used a simple SCAN command to update resources from another login account. It may also be because it is trying to do a complete library sync between to different installs over a dial up line at 40Kbps. Either way,  I don't know to get out this continual data grinding without a complete reinstall.

I'll provide your logs and additional information to development.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 12:38 PM

Development would like to see the VisualFilters.db file. Can you attach a copy of it to this thread or send it to Logos4Feedback@logos.com?  You'll find the database file in C:\Documents and Settings\LocalAdmin\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4\Data\mskcy4yd.ubx\Documents\VisualFilter.  Thank you.

Posts 143
Sam Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 4:05 PM

Melissa

My Logos4\Data\mskcy4yd.ubx folder does not have a Documents subfolder so I can't get a VisualFilters.db from the VisualFilter subfolder - apparently it doesn't exist.

Sam

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 4:09 PM

SamHenderson:

Melissa

My Logos4\Data\mskcy4yd.ubx folder does not have a Documents subfolder so I can't get a VisualFilters.db from the VisualFilter subfolder - apparently it doesn't exist.

I think she meant Logos4\Documents\mskcy4yd.ubx\Documents\VisualFilter

Try there.

Posts 143
Sam Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 7:31 AM

Ah thanks

VisualFilter.db attached.

1830.VisualFilter.db

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 8:15 AM

SamHenderson:
VisualFilter.db attached

Thank you for the file; I'll provide it to developers. I'm sorry for providing the wrong path.

Update:  The developers are looking into this, but they say that deleting the VisualFilter.db file should fix the problem for you in the meantime. They're not sure how it got into this state, but say it is possible that files were moved, copied, or deleted from the Data or Documents folder.

Posts 143
Sam Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 4:40 AM

I deleted the file and the problem is solved. Thank you so much for following this one through, Melissa

Sam Henderson

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 9:45 AM

SamHenderson:

I deleted the file and the problem is solved. Thank you so much for following this one through, Melissa

Sam Henderson

This will be fixed in version 4.0d.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS