Logos & Logos4 folders

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 661
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 11 2018 11:53 PM

My Logos & Logos4 folders are each well over 100 GB. What is in each, can they be merged or duplicates removed? How? Thanks for any assistance & suggestions.

Posts 21742
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2018 12:22 AM

Do you use more than one account to access Logos?

Are you running on Windows or Mac (naming conventions are slightly different)?

Posts 661
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2018 8:06 AM

Thanks Graham. Windows 10 Home. I have 2 tiny accounts and 1 huge account. Started with L1.1, Libronix, now L8 + Connect. I don't, can't-fails, run Libronix anymore. Changed account names at least once over the years.

Posts 21742
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2018 8:11 AM

Dale E Heath:
Changed account names at least once over the years.

My guess is that the two areas relate to two different accounts.

So the key thing is to find out which is in use now!

If you right-click on the Logos icon and select Properties you will get the option to see the "target location" of the app - which will show you the directory tree that is in use.

That should tell you which one you are using and you should be able to delete the other - assuming you are really not using another account to access Logos

Posts 661
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2018 9:55 AM

Thanks Graham, my shortcut was using Logos. I renamed Logos4 to include a bunch of Xxs and rebooted. I ran all 3 accounts and let them load & index. Everything is working fine.

What started me on this cleanup quest is that my computer died and I needed to start over. I found my partitions were not correct. Probably happened when I switched to an SSD. I fixed that and reloaded windows and all my files. My used space had grown by 200 GB. I used WizTree to find out my Restore Points was using 150 GB. It was set to use 100% of my C:. I reset it to 10%. Then I discovered the Logos vs Logos4 situation. All is good now. I'll delete Logos4 in the near future. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Posts 661
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2018 12:17 PM

Doing some additional house cleaning, I think I found where Logos4 may have come from. I once installed a program that tracked Logos resources, LLR or Logos Library Reporter. It is no longer available. I'll track the pieces down and delete them also.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS