Inaccurate 8.2b1 release notes?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1997
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 18 2018 3:50 AM

Workflow Editor

• Added support for all guide sections available for each key type. 

This was super exciting to me, and I'm thankful for the many sections that got added! The statement, however, doesn't seem entirely accurate.

I don't mind that the Bookstore section isn't included in a reference Workflow, but Apparatuses and Collections are significant absences. BTW I didn't check any of the other key types.

Posts 24919
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2018 7:29 PM

Might also add:

Release Notes:
Bug Fixes for Mac

• Resources
    • Fixed a bug that caused the Information menu item to remain selected in the resource panel menu after being turned off. Thread, Thread
  • it only occurred after returning via the Done button
  • the same thread is quoted twice
  • that thread would indicate that it was not a Mac issue (it definitely was a Windows issue).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2629
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 8:17 AM

Dave Hooton:

Might also add:

Release Notes:
Bug Fixes for Mac

• Resources
    • Fixed a bug that caused the Information menu item to remain selected in the resource panel menu after being turned off. Thread, Thread
  • it only occurred after returning via the Done button
  • the same thread is quoted twice
  • that thread would indicate that it was not a Mac issue (it definitely was a Windows issue).

Hi Dave,

I've edited the notes, and you are right this was an Windows only bug. I'm sorry for the confusion, I was battaling a cold and copied the wrong heading into the notes.

Posts 2629
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 10:27 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

Workflow Editor

• Added support for all guide sections available for each key type. 

This was super exciting to me, and I'm thankful for the many sections that got added! The statement, however, doesn't seem entirely accurate.

I don't mind that the Bookstore section isn't included in a reference Workflow, but Apparatuses and Collections are significant absences. BTW I didn't check any of the other key types.

Hi Reuben,

If you look in the Guides Menu, Collections and Bookstore are not available as single guide sections so they are not included. In the case of Apparatuses this section duplicates information found in Textual Varients section, you can find the same information in the Textual Varients, so that is why it was left out.

Posts 1997
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 9:01 AM

Philana R. Crouch:
If you look in the Guides Menu, Collections and Bookstore are not available as single guide sections so they are not included.

I see. I was checking against the sections that I could add to a passage guide. Why are Collections not available as a single section guide? This feels like a bit of a glaring omission...

Philana R. Crouch:
In the case of Apparatuses this section duplicates information found in Textual Varients section,

I did find this later and prefer the behavior within the Textual Variants section!

Posts 2078
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 12:37 PM

Reuben Helmuth:
Why are Collections not available as a single section guide?

Most other sections make sense as something you would want to pick your preferred settings and run it that way by default every time. It seems unlikely that you are going to have a single collection that you would want to use as a default for any time you want to use the Collection section If you want to have a single-section guide for a specific collection, then it's easy enough to create that guide yourself.

Posts 26462
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 1:21 PM

Reuben Helmuth:
This feels like a bit of a glaring omission...

I lost this argument, too. I would have preferred that Logos let us decide if it was useful to us ... After all the Verbum Passage Guide has three preset Collection Sections that the FL "they" have not seen fit to make automatically available. I believe they should be ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1997
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2018 5:24 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
It seems unlikely that you are going to have a single collection that you would want to use as a default for any time you want to use the Collection section

Ok, ok. But that is NOT unlikely in the WF editor! I want to display a specific (non-commentary; though that's even more important) collection in a WorkFlow. I can concede to the logic of not including it in the single guide section selection, but that doesn't apply to WFs.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS