DVDs in Downloaded Content?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 56
Joel Ingram | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 20 2018 10:38 PM

Long before Logos became a cloud-based only provider I got (paid for?) two DVDs that I have. Both from Logos - one is labeled "Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos (Greek)". The other is "Introducing NT Discourse Grammar Video Series". What I can't tell is if this is in my automatically downloaded/accessible content or - can this content only be access from the DVDs still? Thanks for any insight into these DVD as I've never used them but don't want to chuck them should they only be available on DVD.

Posts 27814
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 11:00 PM

Is it a hard copy of the Greek portion of this? https://www.logos.com/product/49819/mobile-ed-learn-to-use-biblical-greek-and-hebrew-with-logos-6 

Have you looked in your library?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 602
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 11:24 PM

If I remember correctly, these DVDs were Logos' initial efforts at what is now full blown courses. The Learn to Use Greek and Hebrew I believe are the exact same available today for download. Much to my disappointment, there was a window of time when Logos offered a "deal" to buy them digitally; they would not offer it free to those who bought the DVD. Bottom line: Keep them.

Posts 447
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2018 5:28 AM

You might call customer service and see if you can get a discount on the version with the link above.  The Logos 6 version was updated extensively from the original course which I believe you have (from 2010 release) and works just fine in Logos 8.  I have been going back through the Hebrew course myself only recently. 

Posts 447
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2018 6:14 AM

The NT Discourse Analysis video series was also a 2010 vintage DVD set.   This has likely been replaced by LA211 mobile ed course. 

https://www.logos.com/product/130854/mobile-ed-la211-introducing-new-testament-discourse-grammar 

So enjoy your DVD courses or see if CS will offer you a discount on the updated products.  You might want to make backups of those DVDs as they are no longer available  

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS