Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 40 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26537
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2018 10:48 PM

Robert J Smith:
I have four reading plans of the "Generate a reading plan" variety. None of them appear in the mobile app.

Is your bible reading plan one of these four? I know this doesn't fix your problem, but I notice that the reading plan was modified after it began (it should have finished in mid December). Do you know if the reading plan worked when originally created? (in other words, did it work at one point and then stop working)? 

Can you get a predefined bible reading plan to sync? 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 20
Robert J Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 10:21 AM

yes

Posts 26537
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 11:20 AM

Yes to all three? 

Posts 20
Robert J Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 1:16 PM

yes to all three. I expect that since by this point in time no one from Logos has chimed in, they are perfectly aware that the mobile app does not function with the reading plans. The mobile app has not worked properly in that regard since L6. L7 only worked with simple reading plans. In L8 even those no longer work. So obviously the mobile app is not a high priority for them. BTW this would be what I mean by a simple reading plan:

And this is a non-simple reading plan:

Posts 20929
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 1:52 PM

Robert J Smith:
I expect that since by this point in time no one from Logos has chimed in, they are perfectly aware that the mobile app does not function with the reading plans

I'm not sure that's the case.

You started this thread on 24 December and the relevant people may have been away and not be back yet - I have no idea whether that is so but it is possible!

Robert J Smith:
L7 only worked with simple reading plans. In L8 even those no longer work.

I don't see it as a general problem.

I don't have the specific resources or reading plan definitions you have but I have just set up a couple of plans that seem similar

and they immediately appeared on my iPad

So I think there's something we haven't got to the bottom of yet.

EDIT: I am running the beta version of 8.2 on the desktop but I'd be very surprised if that's all at relevant!

Posts 20929
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 1:54 PM

And what version of the Logos app are you using? 

I assume 8.0.8 as you mention you have reinstalled it but I wanted to be sure.

And can you post a screenshot of the app homepage on your iPhone?

Posts 20
Robert J Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 1:59 PM

The Logos app on my desktop is 8.1.0.0016. The iPhone app is the most recent posted in the App Store. I have no idea how to screenshot an iPhone.

Posts 20929
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 2:01 PM

Robert J Smith:
I have no idea how to screenshot an iPhone.

Press and hold the power button on the right - then tap the home button

Posts 26537
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 2:07 PM

Robert J Smith:
I expect that since by this point in time no one from Logos has chimed in, they are perfectly aware that the mobile app does not function with the reading plans.

Some of the MVP's cringe when I say this, but the forums aren't a primary means of communication for FL. The forums are primarily a means of crowdsourced help. FL may chime in, but I agree with him that the holidays certainly don't help in terms of getting an "official" response. 

Robert J Smith:
yes to all three.

Probably my last suggestion... running out of them! I would try to recreate the reading plan. Since it worked originally when you created it and doesn't work now, my guess is that somehow it has become corrupted... or that there is a specific bug related to the "adjust plan from here" feature. 

Posts 20
Robert J Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 2:09 PM

The reading plan works fine on the desktop but not the iPhone.

Posts 26537
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 4:17 PM

Yes, but if you want it to work on mobile, you might have to experiment. Otherwise why post? 

Posts 20
Robert J Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 5:13 PM

To be honest to get FL's attention. 

Posts 26537
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 5:44 PM

Unfortunately, as a general rule, that doesn't work. Tongue Tied

If you want to see if you can get it working, I would try to rebuild your reading plan. That would take 2 minutes of your time. 

Posts 20
Robert J Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 5:55 PM

I have already rebuilt 2 of the 4. There is no change.

Posts 26537
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 7:05 PM

JT (alabama24):

Robert J Smith:
Neither do they show up in the list of reading plans which is blank

Did you check to see if the reading plan documents are under the "documents" menu (separate from the list of reading plans you can choose from to add to the home screen)? 

I didn't see a response to this question, unless it was included with the blanket "yes."

Posts 26537
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 7:08 PM

Robert J Smith:
I have already rebuilt 2 of the 4.

When you rebuilt them, did you choose "catch up to here"? If so, it might be good to see if it syncs if you don't do that. It might lead to an explanation for the bug. 

Posts 20
Robert J Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 7:56 PM

I rebuilt the OT & NT reading plans because the year ended last night. So no I didn't chose that option.

Posts 20929
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2019 1:35 AM

Robert J Smith:
And this is a non-simple reading plan:

Can you post the definition of "Old Testament History" you use in that plan?

Then I can try and use it here and see if I get the same problem.

Posts 20
Robert J Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2019 9:18 AM

That is just a title I use to differentiate that plan from a couple of others that I have worked up. Each of these plans have an OT passage + a passage from Psalms + a passage from Proverbs each day. The History plan begins with Gen - Ester where as the  OT Prophets plan that begins with major prophets. These are yearly plans.

The NT plan is a simple quarterly plan.

Posts 20929
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2019 9:40 AM

Robert J Smith:
That is just a title I use to differentiate that plan from a couple of others that I have worked up. Each of these plans have an OT passage + a passage from Psalms + a passage from Proverbs each day. The History plan begins with Gen - Ester where as the  OT Prophets plan that begins with major prophets. These are yearly plans.

So the OT History definition looks like this?

For me this generates the plan below - which is slightly different to the one you show in your screenshot - and it syncs down to my iPad and iPhone immediately

So there is either still something we don't understand about your particular configuration or there is an intermittent problem that is affecting some users and not others.

Taking into account the discussion at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/174109.aspx I think there is an intermittent problem that the developers haven't got to the bottom of yet!

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS