Excerpts and the home page

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19
CharlyG | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 28 2018 6:05 AM

I am not a fan of the new home page. When I refresh, it just recycles the same stuff at a new location on the page. The BEST part of the old home page is not even included, which is excerpts from MY OWN library. I have a huge librarya and do not wish to see countless adds that never change for books I don;t have. I used to be able to shut that off.

Posts 17990
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 29 2018 11:33 PM

CharlyG:
... do not wish to see countless adds that never change for books I don;t have. I used to be able to shut that off.

Logos 8.1 Bug Fixes included Home Page:

• Added the ability to configure which feeds are enabled in the Explore section.

CharlyG:
The BEST part of the old home page is not even included, which is excerpts from MY OWN library.

Curious about what kind(s) of Home Page excerpts from your library were useful.

Personally liked pictures showing Bible Archaeology, Background, & Customs (colored preferred) so could click on picture for more information.

An older thread => A Suggestion for 8.1 Homepage included dream questions from Faithlife about Home Page excerpts:

Daniel Di Bartolo:

Dream with me a little bit here. We removed excerpts because we did hear from many users that our content seemed random and unhelpful to them.

What if we brought it back... but smarter.

One thing we'd like to explore is introducing excerpts of content that are bubbled up by things like "commonly cited", "most highlighted", popular topics, commonly used media or Popular Canvases and Workflows.

What kinds of content would you like to see? How would you like us to organize it? When did you find yourself looking for content to read and in what contexts?

Also, some other random Qs for you: did you fire up the app with the sole purpose of reading excerpts-- or did you just come across it while doing Bible study?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 19
CharlyG | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2019 6:23 AM

I enjoy seeing the Puritan Sermons, seeing titles I would never know I had if not for excrpts. They are now included but I have to shut off most of the features that insist on tying to sell me something I don't already have. Also, when I hit refresh, there are few new things if any, that pop up.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS