A question about the "Guides for the Perplexed" on prepub

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 21369
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 29 2018 11:43 AM

The 20 volumes in the "Guides for the Perplexed" series currently on prepub - https://www.logos.com/product/156684/guides-for-the-perplexed - includes the volume on Wesley - https://www.logos.com/product/156437/wesley-a-guide-for-the-perplexed - which I already have in my library. I think I received it as part of one of the Logos 8 base packages.

Does / should dynamic pricing apply in these types of scenarios?

Thanks, Graham 

Posts 2676
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 29 2018 2:59 PM

Graham Criddle:
Does / should dynamic pricing apply in these types of scenarios?

Just checked and I am experiencing the same issue

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 21369
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2019 1:08 PM

Any insight on this from Faithlife please?

Posts 105
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2019 3:04 PM

Graham, Ted, I can confirm that this particular PrePub, "Guides for the Perplexed (20 vols.)" is dynamically priced and someone who already owns the volume on Wesley will receive a discount.  But that is not to say that all PrePubs are dynamically priced, pricing for PrePubs is handled on a case by case basis. 

Posts 614
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2019 3:58 PM

My status is the same, but I can't find listings for these 2 titles, so they are unknown to me. Prayer: A Guide For The Perplexed  & Predestination: A Guide For The Perplexed

Can anyone else find the listings for them?

Posts 21369
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2019 11:35 PM

Joe McCune:
Graham, Ted, I can confirm that this particular PrePub, "Guides for the Perplexed (20 vols.)" is dynamically priced and someone who already owns the volume on Wesley will receive a discount.

Thanks Joe

I appreciate the response - and the discount!

Graham

Posts 21369
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2019 11:38 PM

Dale E Heath:
Can anyone else find the listings for them?

I can't see them either

Posts 105
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2019 9:41 AM

Dale, Graham, my understanding is that the guides on prayer and predestination are still in production, and will be released for the first time when this PrePub goes live.   So nobody would get dynamic pricing for them, since no one owns them yet.  

Posts 21369
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2019 10:02 AM

Hi Joe

Joe McCune:

Dale, Graham, my understanding is that the guides on prayer and predestination are still in production, and will be released for the first time when this PrePub goes live.   So nobody would get dynamic pricing for them, since no one owns them yet.  

Thanks for that.

But the question here is slightly different.

One of the other guides in the bundle - "Christian Bioethics" - for example already has a product page (https://www.logos.com/product/156321/christian-bioethics-a-guide-for-the-perplexed) showing it is in prepub.

But the two resources mentioned above - while listed in the bundle - don't have a product page. I - and I think Dale - were wondering why those product pages don't exist yet.

Thanks, Graham

Posts 105
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2019 10:52 AM

Graham, Dale, currently there are no plans to make those two titles individually available on PrePub, so that is why they do not have their own product pages.  

Posts 21369
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2019 1:32 PM

Thanks Joe

That explains it

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS