SUGGESTION: Lookup passage as first/default command box option

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2387
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 16 2019 4:02 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

Dave Hooton:
t it makes sense to cater for L7 homepage users when the preferred bible is usually open in one's layout.

This sums up our reasoning, but it applies to new users as well. We don't want to make loading a passage study layout too hard to discover (as is presently the case for the topic study layout; working on that).

Graham Criddle:

And now it seems to have reverted back to opening the layout - with no update to the software.

I am confused!

Sorry about the confusion, Graham. What you are seeing is likely due to a long-standing feature of the Command box: it remembers your preference for the string you type. 

For example, if you type "ESV" it might suggest:
  Open English Standard Version
  Open ESV Study Bible

Open The Lexham High Definition New Testament: ESV Edition

It makes a guess at the best match for your intention; but if you select the second or third option on the list, it will remember that, and offer it as the the first choice next time you enter "ESV." 

Likewise, if you type "Jn 14:6" and select "Look up," it will remember that next time you enter "Jn 14:6" -- but only for that reference. "Layout" will still be the default for any other reference for which you didn't explicitly select a different option. If that's confusing and/or unhelpful, we can explore either never changing the suggestion order for Bible references, or changing the preferred order for all references based on your last selection.

This has been fixed in 8.4.

Posts 3626
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 17 2019 2:06 AM

I can confirm that with 8.4, having opted to open a reference in my preferred Bible rather than in a study layout, this is now the default for all Bible references.

Thank you for this helpful change.

Posts 8808
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 18 2019 9:22 AM

Francis:

I can confirm that with 8.4, having opted to open a reference in my preferred Bible rather than in a study layout, this is now the default for all Bible references.

Thank you for this helpful change.

Yes Much appreciated!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 328
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 18 2019 3:06 PM

Please note that the command suggestion adapts over time -- over your last 25 selections, if I remember correctly -- so it might take a bit to take effect.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS