Site Question / Feedback

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 3 Followers

Posts 1063
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 16 2019 10:32 AM

OK. This relates to the ebook site.

First an observation ... it is really difficult to identify resources since there are so few filters, literal searches are ignored, and even editing the URL with basic stuff such as unlocked=no does not work! It seems strange that a company is making it hard for users in this way ... and given the nature of the product (finding and filtering information) ... doubly so.

I made a purchase ... eventually ... but gave up looking for additional items.

During the checkout process, I was asked two questions ... about my role with my church, and the type of church to which I belong, both of which I declined to answer ... and the dialogue box contained a phrase about 'building my profile'. I looked at my 'profile', much of which is fake, and all of which is publicly hidden, and the two questions do not relate to my profile as is shown on the site. Is there an additional profile held that we are not party to?

What information, beyond sales history and that which appears in the profile page, does Faithlife hold? How can I gain access to this data ensure accuracy, and to reassure myself of privacy concerns? I could  not see a way of revealing any further information on the site itself.

Thanks.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 2936
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2019 6:36 PM

Martin Folley:
What information, beyond sales history and that which appears in the profile page, does Faithlife hold? How can I gain access to this data ensure accuracy, and to reassure myself of privacy concerns? I could  not see a way of revealing any further information on the site itself.

Well, for EU citizens...

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS