&unlocked=no doesn't filter out Pre-Pubs already ordered

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 256
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2019 5:36 PM

Thanks, Rosie.

I think this is expected behavior (although understandably not desirable) because "unlocked=no" is looking for resources that you don't yet own, it's not looking at whether the product is ordered or not. Since you don't own the pre-orders yet, it considers them unowned. 

Sorry for the trouble, I'll make note of this feature request. 

Posts 18634
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2019 6:00 PM

Celeste Fiorillo:

Thanks, Rosie.

I think this is expected behavior (although understandably not desirable) because "unlocked=no" is looking for resources that you don't yet own, it's not looking at whether the product is ordered or not. Since you don't own the pre-orders yet, it considers them unowned. 

Sorry for the trouble, I'll make note of this feature request. 

Ah yes, you're right. Thanks for turning it into a feature request instead of a bug report. It would be really useful to be able to look at prepubs (or any list of products) and filter out the prepubs I've already ordered. It would be in Faithlife's interest, I think, because the easier it is for people to see what they haven't bought yet, the more likely they are to buy it. Smile

SineNomine:

&ordered=no ?

Yeah, that would be a good syntax for this.

Posts 3112
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2019 7:52 PM

The flip side is that &unlocked=yes usefully shows pre-pubs that we already received as part of an L8 library purchase.

In that light, I’d ask that this feature request give ordered pre-pubs their own parameter, rather than changing how unlocked treats pre-pubs.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS