Logos 8 Library Expansions coming soon?

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 3220
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 19 2019 1:09 PM

Since the Logos 8 launch discount is ending soon, I was wondering what the plan is for any new library expansions.

FL previously offered an introductory 15% library expansion discount to anyone who also purchased Logos 7.

Will Logos 8 purchasers get a similar opportunity?

Posts 3026
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 2:54 PM

I hope so!

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 36
Anthony Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 4:48 PM

I would assume so since they did the same thing with Logos 6. IIRC, for Logos 7 they launched them 6-8 months after 7's initial release. I remember it being a while after I bought it. 

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 4:57 PM

On the one hand I could really do without spending any more cash I still remember getting the marvellous “Cities of Paul” at a great price. 

Posts 3220
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 5:55 PM

Hoping we will see L8 library expansions by May, before our Connect reward expires.

Thanks to the employees who are (or will be) working on those bundles!

Posts 8952
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 4:17 AM

PetahChristian:
Hoping we will see L8 library expansions by May, before our Connect reward expires.

I was thinking of using it in March Madness by I think you are on to something here.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3220
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2019 3:40 PM

Would be helpful to know if we will see library expansions before our Connect reward expires.

Posts 6418
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2019 4:29 PM

I’d rather wait for those than spend my money on March “Matching!” So expensive and nothing interesting for me.

DAL

Posts 3220
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 1:12 AM

Wondering what FL will bundle in the L8 library expansions. Might we see new bundles in April or May?

Posts 8952
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 3:47 AM

PetahChristian:

Wondering what FL will bundle in the L8 library expansions. Might we see new bundles in April or May?

I too am very much looking forward to the possibility of these coming out soon.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3220
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 16 2019 1:27 PM

One of the specific reasons why I've been so interested in knowing when L8 library expansions would go live is the possibility that some upcoming pre-pubs (that are shipping soon) might be included in a particular library expansion.

I'd be a bit disappointed if I end up paying a premium for some books which cost more than an entire bundle they were offered in.

Posts 8952
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 18 2019 9:20 AM

PetahChristian:
I'd be a bit disappointed if I end up paying a premium for some books which cost more than an entire bundle they were offered in.

Me too!

Posts 557
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 18 2019 9:40 AM

Any time estimates on this? 

Phil Gons? 

Mark Barnes? 

Somebody? 

Posts 790
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 18 2019 9:42 AM

I was also wanting to know because I had this 2% Faithlife Connect credit that was burning a hole in my pocket.

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2019 7:07 AM

PetahChristian:

One of the specific reasons why I've been so interested in knowing when L8 library expansions would go live is the possibility that some upcoming pre-pubs (that are shipping soon) might be included in a particular library expansion.

I was under the impression that purchasing pre pubs is cheaper than purchasing the same resources later in a bundle. But I guess there is no way for us to verify this. 

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2019 9:41 AM

Armin:
I was under the impression that purchasing pre pubs is cheaper than purchasing the same resources later in a bundle. But I guess there is no way for us to verify this. 

I think the pricing model for Logos is pretty much who knows (forumites and staff, both). Then you have your pre-pub strategy dieing in favor of pre-order, and who knows what that equation is.

The only for-sure is, if it's in a sold package, it'll ship (their package creation desperation overcomes their product-loss fear). I always smile, when a desired prepub going nowhere, is in a new package.

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 20 2019 1:05 AM

They arrived yesterday: you can see them by sorting products by newest first: https://www.logos.com/products/search?sort=newest&pageSize=15

Posts 2315
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 20 2019 1:37 AM

Mark Barnes:
They arrived yesterday: you can see them by sorting products by newest first: https://www.logos.com/products/search?sort=newest&pageSize=15

I don't think that they are library expansions, as the L7 library expansions are still available.

https://www.logos.com/products/search?Product+Type=Library+Expansions&start=0&sort=bestselling&pageSize=60

The new feature collections still look very interesting.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 3220
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 20 2019 4:21 AM

Mark Barnes:

Those appear to be feature expansion collections:

https://www.logos.com/products/search?Product+Type=Logos+Feature+Collection

Posts 102
David Couch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 20 2019 4:57 AM

There seem to have been updates to a few of those, since I bought them (some books that are new to me).

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS