Cannot update to 4.0c

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 27
Randy Leinen | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 1 2010 2:50 PM

When I first had the option to download 4.0c I had to quit in the middle of the install. Now every time it says it wants to install a new version it goes through it real fast and then quits. I can then reopen logos but it still remain in 4.0b. How can I get it to force an upgrade to 4.0c? And btw, doing a "Update Now" on the command bar does nothing but say "No updates available"

Posts 706
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 2:55 PM

I think it would be pretty safe to download the engine from the website and just install on top of your current one.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 27
Randy Leinen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 2:58 PM

Where would one download that?

Posts 706
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 3:04 PM

I think this should work.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 27
Randy Leinen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 3:12 PM

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately it still does not work. It very quickly runs and then says "Logos Bible Software 4 is up-to-date". Then I click OK and nothing happens. I can start the program again, but it still remains as 4.0b.

Posts 706
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 3:16 PM

Can you use Windows Restore and go back to a point before you tried the failed update? Perhaps then it will download 4.0c.

There are better gurus on here than me; perhaps someone will chime in. I have to leave for awhile. If no one else helps, or you are still stuck when I check back in tonight, I will help you try some more stuff.

Jerry

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 3:18 PM

Caveat: I'm not sure this will work, as I'm going a bit from memory here. This sounds like a corrupt download file, that simply needs to be deleted and the download restarted. I don't think you can hurt anything doing this.

Try this (with Logos4 closed):

In Windows Explorer navigate to: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Logos4\Install\

Look for files that were last updated on the date your update failed.(probably files with an MSI extension, possibly some data files)

Move those files to a jump drive, or some other temporary location, outside the Logos subdirectory.

Try the update again.

(If it doesn't work, copy the files back to where they were and report back.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 27
Randy Leinen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 3:27 PM

Unfortunately, the same thing happened. I think I will have to just try and uninstall/reinstall when I get home tonight on my fast connection - unless anyone else has any other less intrusive suggestions.

Posts 18826
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 5:03 PM

Randy, you might want to consider changing your forum display name so it's not your email address. Otherwise spam bots roaming the web could pick it up.

Here's how to change it: http://wiki.logos.com/Changing_Forum_Display_Name

Posts 706
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 5:26 PM

If you have to go that route, you don't have to re-download everything. Check the wiki for instructions on how to back up your resources. Then you would only have to re-index. Not as bad.

Jerry

Posts 27
Randy Leinen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 7:31 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions. I ended up following these instructions from the wiki on how to copy one install to another. The only thing I did in between the copy and reinstalling was to uninstall the old version using control panel. Then it all went very smooth according to the wiki. The good thing is that I did not have to re-download the resources or reindex. Here is the link to the wiki if anyone else needs it:

http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS