Suggestion for notes tool: Differentiate specific highlights

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 81
Christof Kälin | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 30 2019 12:39 AM

Hello all

It would be nice if I was able to search for a specific highlight in the notes tool. For example. „orange highlight“ which means „interesting citations“ for me.

God bless

Christof

Posts 9531
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 1:30 AM

Christof Kälin:
It would be nice if I was able to search for a specific highlight in the notes tool. For example. „orange highlight“ which means „interesting citations“ for me.

We can search for this - however I would run the search not within the Notes Toll, but in the Basic search - and this should work. Note that this is 'picky' with respect to capitalization etc.

Examples I just tested in my L8 system:

{Highlight Solid Colors/Blue} where 'Solid Colors' is the palette name and 'Blue' the name of the highlighter within the palette. 

{Highlight Highlighter Pens/Yellow Highlighter} where 'Highlighter Pens' is the palette name and 'Yellow Highlighter' the name of the highlighter within the palette.

What is missing is in my opinion not the search, but the treatment of such highlighters as facets for interactive drilldown.

Running Verbum 7 and Logos 8 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 81
Christof Kälin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 7:02 AM

A bit quirky, but solved it! Thanks a lot!

I saved the specific search as a favorite and put a shortcut to it, so now I can see citation highlights on a fingertip :-)

Posts 9531
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 7:24 AM

Christof Kälin:
A bit quirky, but solved it! Thanks a lot!

You're very welcome, glad to hear!

Running Verbum 7 and Logos 8 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1458
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 7:28 AM

Christof Kälin:
I saved the specific search as a favorite and put a shortcut to it, so now I can see citation highlights on a fingertip :-)

Yes That's what I do also.
Another thing I do to make highlight searches easier is I put them in my text expander, so I only have to remember a short abbreviation.

How To Get Logs - macOS or Windows

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS