Bug regarding inline search tool

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Rick Stapleton | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 30 2019 10:53 AM

I right clicked on Yahweh in Jonah 1:1 (LEB); selected God Person, selected on the left this resource (inline), pressed enter and 0 results rendered. Added to the search parameters <Person God> AND <Person Jonah> also rendered 0 results.

5488.Logos.log

Posts 4947
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 11:38 AM

This is a 'me too' but with Beta 3 and MacOS 10.14.3.

Posts 23596
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 11:44 AM

Hi Rick - and welcome to the forums

The log has:

2019-01-30 12:35:41.1580 | INFO | 10 | LibrarySearcher | (7ms) Searching ResourceList for: <Person God>
2019-01-30 12:35:41.2390 | WARN | 1 | AskTheAuthorVisualFilter | Invalid textrange offset 947599 for article textRange 4196114:2782

which certainly says there is a problem.

When I try it on Windows it works fine.

Are you able to post a screenshot of the panel when you are running the search? (Use the paperclip icon in the forum editor)

Graham 

Posts 4947
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 12:04 PM

Graham Criddle:
Are you able to post a screenshot of the panel when you are running the search? (Use the paperclip icon in the forum editor)

Now 'ere be a conundrum...

Posts 23596
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 1:18 PM

Mike Binks:
Now 'ere be a conundrum...

Mike - in your case you are getting results in LEB but not in the Anglicised version of the NIV 2011

That makes sense because the NIV2011 (Anglicised) doesn't have RI capability which is needed for the search to work.

So this seems to be a different issue to the one Rick is reporting.

Posts 4
Rick Stapleton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 5:24 PM

As requested, here are a few screenshots. 

Posts 2359
LogosEmployee

Do you see the number 2 in the blue circle at the top of the window? If you click on that, it may tell you that Logos is currently indexing. Until that completes, you won't be able to find any search results. If the indexing never completes, then you may be experiencing a crash during indexing. In that case, you'll want to attach log files to this thread to help identify the problem.

Posts 4947
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 12:07 AM

Graham Criddle:

Mike - in your case you are getting results in LEB but not in the Anglicised version of the NIV 2011

That makes sense because the NIV2011 (Anglicised) doesn't have RI capability which is needed for the search to work.

So this seems to be a different issue to the one Rick is reporting.

Thanks Graham - glad you are on the ball.

Is this a case where a helpful 'operator error' message might save users from anxiety attacks?

Posts 23596
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 12:23 AM

Mike Binks:
Is this a case where a helpful 'operator error' message might save users from anxiety attacks?

Maybe - but the problem is the software is correctly answering your question!

Posts 26012
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 12:46 AM

Mike Binks:

It would be better if a Search was not offered. It also seems to think that God can be found in an Atlas!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 23596
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 12:50 AM

Dave Hooton:
It would be better if a Search was not offered

That is a very good idea.

Dave Hooton:
It also seems to think that God can be found in an Atlas!

Smile

To be fair it seems to be pointing to events portrayed on the Atlas in which God was a participant.

Posts 4
Rick Stapleton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 7:25 AM

Yes, I saw the number 2. Typically, that has not affected the problem. Now, however, it appears that the problem is resolved. 

A NEW PROBLEM has arisen, however. When I right-click on Jonah 1:2 and want to add a note, following the video training, the note does not appear in the list of options. Previously, I have seen the note titled Jonah 1:1-16 Notes available to select. Now it is no longer there. 

What do I do? Is it as simple as closing Logos and reopening it? 

Thanks for your help. 

Posts 4
Rick Stapleton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 7:27 AM

I was going to insert this picture of what I was talking about. 

Posts 23596
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 8:20 AM

Rick Stapleton:
A NEW PROBLEM has arisen, however. When I right-click on Jonah 1:2 and want to add a note, following the video training, the note does not appear in the list of options. Previously, I have seen the note titled Jonah 1:1-16 Notes available to select. Now it is no longer there. 

In your screenshot there is an Add Note option - this is the option you want.

With the new Notes system there is no longer the choice of different Notes Documents - the note is simply added to the Notes Tool and associated with the currently selected Notebook - if any.

There are discussions going on about changing this behaviour but thats how it works at the moment

Hope this helps

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS