What about some (complex) specifically Catholic readings plans/ lectionaries.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 28762
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 31 2019 2:03 PM

I would love to see this method of reading the Summa Theologica available as a reading plan in Verbum. Yes, I know I can create it as a reading list but ... A better way of reading the Summa Theologica of St. Thomas Aquinas

Before Lent it would be nice to have a traditional reading plan for John Climacus available. See Ladder of Divine Ascent Note this does fit appropriately into a lectionary format. 

A CCC reading plan ... there are dozens to choose from. I personally like the 3-year-aligned-with-the-lectionary approach ... but one or more of any time would be useful.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 173
LogosEmployee

A "How to Read St. Thomas" Workflow is the first one I'd like to do, once we get the ability to use non-Biblical texts.

For the CCC, I have a nine month, RCIA version of a CCC reading plan that follows the RCIA cycles and liturgical year.  Just need to get that transitioned into a Verbum Reading plan.

The Lenten Grace resource that is in most of the Verbum 8 base packages is ripe for a Reading Plan for Lent!  Especially if one is wanting to start or get more serious about Lectio Divina.

For my own personal reading, I've been wanting to do a Reading plan with Kardong's translation (sans commentary) of the Rule of Benedict, as I don't really care for the translation or date designations in the Doyle version (not in Verbum).  Started to do this back in grad school on Logos 2 (!!) in the old Rule of Benedict library but couldn't get it to do exactly what I wanted.  Me thinks now is the time....

Thanks for sharing these MJ!  Some great food for thought!

Craig St. Clair | Verbum Product Manager |

Posts 167
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2019 4:31 PM

I love the idea of a John Climacus reading plan for Lent.

Posts 515
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 1 2019 5:01 AM

Agreed! I’ve been hoping for The Ruke to have a reading plan used by oblates out there. 

Posts 97
Dave Gifford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 4:57 PM

What I would like is a "generate mass" button

Dave

Posts 515
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2019 6:19 PM

Craig, any updates on these? 

Posts 173
LogosEmployee

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the follow up.  Donald and I did some experimenting with a couple of reading plans earlier in the year, but other priorities intervened.

I do still think this is a good idea.  We'll have to see if we could fit something in in the coming months.

--Craig

Craig St. Clair | Verbum Product Manager |

Posts 515
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2019 9:45 PM

Craig St. Clair (Faithlife):
I do still think this is a good idea.  We'll have to see if we could fit something in in the coming months.

Excellent! I’m especially interested in seeing plans for the Rule.

Posts 515
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 3 2020 5:34 AM
Craig, any updates? Perhaps I missed something.
Posts 35
LogosEmployee

Hi Nick,

No updates and you didn't miss anything. We may still do something with Reading Plans within Verbum, but it isn't on the immediate horizon.

Thanks, 

Craig

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS