Course not showing up on home page

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 905
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 1 2019 9:37 PM

I have tried several ways to get a course to show up on the Dashboard on the Home page, but without any success.

Initially I watched the first few videos, by going directly to the video resource. Then I tried opening the course in the Courses Tool and watching the first few videos. Still, the course does not show up on the Home page.

I cannot see the course listed when I click on the Add button and select courses (actually no courses show up in this list). I think any course should be selectable from the courses list on the Add button. I was told in another forum post that only courses that have been begun will show up in this list. But even though I am several lessons into the course it does not show up. None of my courses show up.

Another concern: I have already watched several videos and read much of the course material in several courses. Unless I explicitly start the course from the Courses tool, my progress is not tracked. I suspect many people will start a course by selecting it from the Library as I have done. It should not matter whether the course material has been viewed through the Courses tool or by opening the resource directly. The courses tool is basically just an advertisement for other courses. It is far less useful to me than just going to my Library and limiting the display to type:courseware.

Posts 1464
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 2 2019 1:50 AM

Harry Hahne:
It is far less useful to me than just going to my Library and limiting the display to type:courseware.

I don't share this sentiment. To me, the biggest advantage to the tool is the ability to simply click next and have the correct video, suggested readings, etc, load already limited to the reading range.

Posts 9529
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 2 2019 2:17 AM

Harry Hahne:

I cannot see the course listed when I click on the Add button and select courses (actually no courses show up in this list). I think any course should be selectable from the courses list on the Add button. I was told in another forum post that only courses that have been begun will show up in this list. But even though I am several lessons into the course it does not show up. None of my courses show up.

Another concern: I have already watched several videos and read much of the course material in several courses. Unless I explicitly start the course from the Courses tool, my progress is not tracked.

That's exactly the point. When you open a course from the library and read the textbook, watch the video and even read recommended reading material, the software has no way of tracking this. The courses tool with the explicit Start of the course and the Continue button clarifying you've completed a section is how Logos keeps track of which courses you started and your progress inside those courses. That's why we have it. 

Running Verbum 7 and Logos 8 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS