Bug: Open Annotation command does not show note

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 905
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 3 2019 5:22 PM

When I select text with a note or highlight and choose Open Annotation from the Context menu, the note or highlight will not be shown if I have a notebook open other than the one used for the resource.

Here is an example of a note I had taken in the Bible on Romans 8:30 some time ago. In the Notes tool, I had recently been using the Notebook for the Baker Exegetical Commentary on Revelation. When I select Open Annotation, nothing changes in the Notes panel. I cannot see the note on the Bible because I am in the wrong notebook and the Notes tool does not change to a different notebook or otherwise give any indication that I need to change to a different notebook. The existing Notes filters prevent me from seeing the note.

The only way I can see the note is to know which Notebook I put the note in and to change to that notebook or remove all filters in the Notes window before I select Open Annotation.

This behavior is confusing and it also wastes time to have to find the right Notebook to view the note. The only way I can be sure to find my note if I have a notebook open with filters is to have a second copy of the Notes tool with no filters. Then the second copy of the Notes tool will properly shift to the corresponding note.

Logos 8.3 beta 1 on Windows 10

Posts 24009
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2019 9:21 PM

Harry Hahne:
The only way I can see the note is to know which Notebook I put the note in and to change to that notebook or remove all filters in the Notes window before I select Open Annotation.

At first I could experience your difficulty in v8.2 (maybe I wasn't looking in the right place). But now, I can always get the note to come up in the Edit pane, whether it is the only visible pane, or when two/three panes are visible (v 8.2 and v8.3).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 905
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2019 9:57 PM

Dave Hooton:
At first I could experience your difficulty in v8.2 (maybe I wasn't looking in the right place). But now, I can always get the note to come up in the Edit pane, whether it is the only visible pane, or when two/three panes are visible (v 8.2 and v8.3).

It seems to not work when I have selected a particular Notebook or enabled other filters in the Notes panel. Then it won't change to the Notebook where the note is. I am running version 8.3 beta 1.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS