Message to Forum Manager: Lost Post Count Again.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3639
BillS | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 7 2019 10:12 AM

Dear Forum Programmers,

Last time, I tried writing Customer Services, who wrote back to say it was a Forum manager's issue. No indication they would (or could) help. I called for Forum managers & talked to someone (a couple of months ago), & for a few weeks the problem was fixed. This time, I'll start in the forums but would be delighted to take it off-line & have this post deleted.

Here's what caused the problem:

1. Changed ISPs. Lost reliable access to the email address that had for years been my Logos account ID.
  2. Changed email addresses with Logos (the one my account is tied to).
  3. Post count lost over 3500 (maybe even 3700).
  4. Wrote. Then called. Got it fixed for awhile.
  5. Over 50 posts ago, it became unfixed. How? I don't know, though I have been doing some account updating due to changes in my electronics & addition of a Faithlife website.

So, what do we need to do to fix it permanently? If I remembered who I talked (or wrote) to, I'd have called. Sorry for the public exposure on this, but I don't know how else to get it fixed--hopefully permanently.

Thanks in advance.

Posts 5985
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 12:31 PM

It’s my understanding that once you change your email address your post count resets to zero since you’re no longer posting with the original email. You’re post count is “supposedly” tied up to the email you use to post, not you per se.

But, if you say it was somehow fixed temporarily, then maybe it’s possible for them to have a way around this. Hopefully, they can fix it for you, but don’t hold your breath 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 155
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 12:33 PM

Happened when I changed my email I lost my post count and had to start over. I didn't care.

Posts 3639
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 12:35 PM

DAL:
You’re post count is “supposedly” tied up to the email you use to post,

It's actually tied to our account, which is in turn ALSO tied to our email address. 

Don't even get me started on the wisdom of tying the account to a non-permanent email address (might as well tie it to something we write in the sand on the beach.......), which is all I used when the we cut over to web forums from the old usenet stuff.

LOL

Blessings!

Posts 614
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 1:38 PM

You can change or add to your contact email addresses here at the Contact info, Contact email.

https://faithlife.com/account/edit

I believe this allows you to keep your old login ID email, which is down below in the Account email. I've got 4 and it really gets confusing.

Posts 105
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 2:55 PM

BillS:

So, what do we need to do to fix it permanently? If I remembered who I talked (or wrote) to, I'd have called. Sorry for the public exposure on this, but I don't know how else to get it fixed--hopefully permanently.

Please accept our apologies, Bill.  We should not have sent you from pillar to post like this.

I have put in a request for your total to be updated, that should take care of it.

Posts 3639
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 5:00 PM

Bump.

Posts 7864
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2019 10:56 PM

I'm following up on this.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS