Logos 8 Basic has arrived

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2107
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 2:31 PM

Dave Hooton:

It would not be removed if it was part of a Package. But it was a January preview resource for Connect subscribers, and consequently got removed in early February.

That theory actually doesn't hold, since I'm not a subscriber. I'm pretty sure it was added to L7 Basic.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 24350
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 3:20 PM

Jan Krohn:
That theory actually doesn't hold, since I'm not a subscriber. I'm pretty sure it was added to L7 Basic.

That was an example of how an access-only resource can be removed. The theory applies to it being part of a package, and that hasn't been established.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 587
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 4:39 PM

Dave Hooton:

Jan Krohn:
I don't know. I only noticed that some resources are no longer in the Basic package, ant therefore no longer in my library (such as "President Edwards").

Jan Krohn:
Unfortunately, "President Edwards" was removed, only a few weeks after it had been added to L7 Basic.

It would not be removed if it was part of a Package. But it was a January preview resource for Connect subscribers, and consequently got removed in early February.

It couldn't have been for just Connect subscribers because I had it and I'm not a connect subscriber. But it wasn't removed because of L8 Basic, I know that because I checked to see which resources had temporary licenses in my library before I downloaded L8 Basic. I didn't lose anything and gained the 1956-57 edition of Christianity Today, and something called Brand New something or other. So President Edwards must have already been removed.

I must have already owned everything in V8 Basic since I didn't gain anything there. Logos Academic Basic afforded me the Introduction to the W&H Greek New Testament w/ Appendix and a book called "Linguistics & Biblical Exegesis."

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS