Layouts - Is there any way to turn off the "Snapshot" and "Application Closed" Layouts that get automatically saved?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 446
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 9 2019 5:58 AM

Is there any way to turn off the "Snapshot" and "Application Closed" Layouts that get automatically saved?   I have never understood what the use of these are for and have never used them myself.  And they pile up in my layouts and I have to delete them all one at a time..

Thanks!

Posts 8634
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 6:11 AM

Rodney, you don't have to worry about these and certainly don't have to delete them as they are automatically saved. Why would you want to delete them? When they come in handy is if you mistakenly close a layout and want it back again. It doesn't happen to me often but, when it does, I appreciate having the option to restore it.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 446
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 6:22 AM

Thanks for the reply..  Well, they all pile up at the top of my Layouts list and I have to scroll way down to get to my actual layouts.   Just kind of irritating..    This morning I had like 20 of them at the top of my layouts list and I deleted them..

Posts 1495
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 7:16 AM

Rodney Phillips:
they all pile up at the top of my Layouts list and I have to scroll way down to get to my actual layouts.

You should be saving the layouts you wish to come back to and those will appear on the left-hand side. Think of the right-hand side as more of a history list rather than a list to choose from.

Posts 446
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 7:32 AM

Ahhhh  Thank you.. Not sure why that never dawned on me..  Thank makes sense.. 

God bless..

Posts 2131
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 7:39 AM

Rodney,

I have actually had to use both snap shot and application closed layouts due to accidental loss of a layout. You don't need them often, but when you do you will be glad they are there.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS