Links in copied citations - Logos 8.3 beta 2

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 21868
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 11 2019 9:39 PM

It's good to see hyperlinks in copied citations in the beta release of 8.3. 

A couple of questions:

1) As shown below, the link is applied to the resource whereas it would seem more natural, to me, to have the link applied to the page number. I recognise that wouldn't work for resources without page numbers so this may be the best approach for consistency but I wondered why this choice had been made.

2) When I copy the resource to a Word document (running on Windows 10), and click the subsequent link this opens the resource in the web app as opposed to Logos on the desktop. I remember there have been discussions of this in the past but can this be changed when Logos is running on the desktop?

Thanks, Graham

Posts 1811
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2019 9:44 PM

Graham Criddle:
the link is applied to the resource whereas it would seem more natural, to me, to have the link applied to the page number

I don't disagree. I used to link both when I did it manually. But this is how we've always done it. I'll explore linking them both.

Graham Criddle:
When I copy the resource to a Word document (running on Windows 10), and click the subsequent link this opens the resource in the web app as opposed to Logos on the desktop. I remember there have been discussions of this in the past but can this be changed when Logos is running on the desktop?

It should launch both web and desktop. The URL gets passed through the web app, but it should also get passed through to the desktop app. Is that not working for you, or did you just not notice that it also navigated in desktop?

Posts 21868
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2019 9:56 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
I don't disagree. I used to link both when I did it manually. But this is how we've always done it. I'll explore linking them both.

Thanks Phil

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
It should launch both web and desktop. The URL gets passed through the web app, but it should also get passed through to the desktop app. Is that not working for you, or did you just not notice that it also navigated in desktop?

Sorry - I've just realised I still had the resource open on the desktop so it didn't change anything there. Closing the resource on the desktop and then clicking the link opens it again to the correct place. Please ignore that part!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS