Bug: Inconsistent (and incomplete?) Command Box Commands

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1366
Ben | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 14 2019 2:27 PM

I'm on the latest OSX build, latest Logos beta, 2013 MB Pro (8Gb Ram, 265Gb free on the SSD)

The wiki page says you can type

1. Set (Content Scaling | Text Size) to {80%|90%|100%|110%|120%|140%|160%|200%|240%} – affects text size in all panels
    e.g. Set Text Size to 120

However, when I find very inconsistent results. 

1. Every time I type in Set Text Size to (insert number here), it runs a search instead.
  2. Sometimes I type in Set Content Scaling to Number, it works. But sometimes it runs a search on the phrase instead.
  3. I successfully typed in Set Content Scaling to 100, but then I opened my Notes, and they were definitely set to a large scaling. So I typed Set Content Scaling to 100, and my notes shrank. Shouldn't this apply to every resource/tool/document, not just the open ones?
  4. After that, I typed in Set Content Scaling to 200, and it only worked on the notes. So I closed my notes, typed it again, and it didn't do anything. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 2635
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2019 1:32 PM

Ben:

I'm on the latest OSX build, latest Logos beta, 2013 MB Pro (8Gb Ram, 265Gb free on the SSD)

The wiki page says you can type

1. Set (Content Scaling | Text Size) to {80%|90%|100%|110%|120%|140%|160%|200%|240%} – affects text size in all panels
    e.g. Set Text Size to 120

However, when I find very inconsistent results. 

1. Every time I type in Set Text Size to (insert number here), it runs a search instead.
  2. Sometimes I type in Set Content Scaling to Number, it works. But sometimes it runs a search on the phrase instead.
  3. I successfully typed in Set Content Scaling to 100, but then I opened my Notes, and they were definitely set to a large scaling. So I typed Set Content Scaling to 100, and my notes shrank. Shouldn't this apply to every resource/tool/document, not just the open ones?
  4. After that, I typed in Set Content Scaling to 200, and it only worked on the notes. So I closed my notes, typed it again, and it didn't do anything. 

Ben,

It looks like there is a bug where context scaling is not affecting resource text size. I've filed a case. In regards to the Command Box running search instead of an command option, I'm not able to reproduce this. Can your reproduce the bug and provide your logs?

Also which OS version are you running? The current stable OS version is 10.14.3.

Posts 1366
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 12:49 PM

I'm on version 10.14.4 Beta (18E184e) and Logos 8.3.0.0007. I'll add my logs.

I'm finding slightly different behavior now. If I type in "Set Text Size to X", then it brings up thecommand to "Set Content scaling to X"; 

Is this correct, that Text Size and Content Scaling are the same thing? (It doesn't appear so in Settings.)

Is there supposed to be any immediate visual effect on changing the Text Size? 

Do I understand correctly that this command is quantized? It only works for certain numbers? For example, when I type it in at 150, it runs a search. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 1366
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 12:51 PM

8780.Logos.log

Posts 2084
LogosEmployee

Ben:
I'm finding slightly different behavior now. If I type in "Set Text Size to X", then it brings up thecommand to "Set Content scaling to X"; 

That's correct. "Text" and "Content" here are synonyms for the same command.

Ben:
Is this correct, that Text Size and Content Scaling are the same thing? (It doesn't appear so in Settings.)

The Settings have "Content Scaling" which is set with the "Set Content Scaling" command (for which "Text" is an alias), and "Program Scaling" which is set with the "Set Program Scaling" command.

Ben:
Is there supposed to be any immediate visual effect on changing the Text Size? 

Not if you have already overridden the panel's scaling settings to be something different from the default. If you want that setting to make a difference for that panel, you need to open up the panel menu and change the size back to default. The default is indicated with a larger hash mark than the others. If the setting is already on the larger hash mark, then it was probably set there manually, and you can reset it back to the default behavior by changing it to something other than the default, then change it back to the default again.

Ben:
Do I understand correctly that this command is quantized? It only works for certain numbers? For example, when I type it in at 150, it runs a search. 

Only the values listed as options in the Program Settings are available for use with the command.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS