WORK FLOWS; Biblical Topic Study

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Loretta "Ko Ko" Stevens | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 17 2019 11:14 PM

1. Workflow - Biblical Topic Study;  Why doesn't my cultural resources automatically populate "Research Cultural Concepts"?

Posts 26527
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 12:49 AM

What topic were you using?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 6
Loretta "Ko Ko" Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 6:06 PM

The Will of God is my topic.  Item 1.1, research cultural concepts.  It populates with a book I don't own and when I click it, it takes me to the web site to buy the book.  I have resources in my library. 

This message is under item 1.1, "Use Factbook’s Cultural Concepts section to research a topic’s relationship to cultural concepts", I am a regular layperson, but I must be missing something here.  Please help.  Could it be that I expecting automation when I shouldn't?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 6:23 PM

I am currently running beta, and workflows are broken right now, so I cannot test to see what you are seeing.

Loretta "Ko Ko" Stevens:
It populates with a book I don't own and when I click it, it takes me to the web site to buy the book.  I have resources in my library. 

The stock workflows may include links to resources that are not in your library. That is likely what you are seeing. I would suggest reading the description of the book, on the website. If you do not want to purchase that resource, perhaps you can find something similar among the resources you currently own.

Loretta "Ko Ko" Stevens:
This message is under item 1.1, "Use Factbook’s Cultural Concepts section to research a topic’s relationship to cultural concepts", I am a regular layperson,

The FactBook is a tool you may or may not have access to. It depends on the base package and feature set you purchased.

Loretta "Ko Ko" Stevens:
Could it be that I expecting automation when I shouldn't? 

That may be the case. Workflows are intended to help you with a structured and organized process for studying. They are not really intended to automate the work you are doing.

Posts 6
Loretta "Ko Ko" Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 10:32 PM

Thanks again for your help.  I have the bronze package and I do have access to Fact Book, again, my expectation is that it would automatically take me to fact book.  

I like the workflows so much and you're right it is structured and helps you stay on point.  Before workflows I would drift like wood in the ocean and end way off topic.  

You get back to work on the workflows, make it even better than it is.  I think I'll be alright going forward.

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 11:36 PM

Hi Loretta

Loretta "Ko Ko" Stevens:
The Will of God is my topic.  Item 1.1, research cultural concepts.  It populates with a book I don't own and when I click it, it takes me to the web site to buy the book.  I have resources in my library.

I don't see the same as you - please see below

• The cultural concepts section is 1.2, not 1.1 (not a big deal but just trying to check if we are running the same workflow)
  • As you can see on the right, there is no Cultural Concepts section in the Factbook entry for this topic which is why no results are returned
  • And where are you getting a link to a book you don't own?

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS