Facebook Community Standards

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 38 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2107
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 11:46 PM

Josh:
Requesting a review is the most helpful thing because the "AI" isn't really all that smart. It needs to be trained, and requesting reviews are a huge part of that training. So it's the most helpful thing you could do for all of us.

In my experience, Google is much better with manual reviews.

FB has never approved my banned content, even after appealing.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 2040
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 6:51 AM

After reading Pastor Don Carpenter's post this morning, I gave it a try with the same 1Pe1.16 ref. And got the same rejection. I eliminated all text from the slide and still got rejected. I wonder if it is being blocked by the URL. I think Faithlife will need to investigate this issue.

Posts 18
Pastor Don Carpenter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 7:04 AM

So I just tried to post a copy of something from a devotional using visual filter... it was also rejected.  FL needs to remedy this if possible otherwise the visual filter will have no FB application.  I can put the same image up the long way by making a jpeg from a power point slide made from the visual filter..., I can post it that way... so there must be a problem with the url as suggested.

Posts 2040
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 7:10 AM

I can confirm that it is the url by simply going to Facebook and putting the url in the share box , eg "https://fl.vu/w7F8S"

I can't test any more on FB, anything errors out that contains "https://fl.vu", but that url did get moderation option wheras the other urls did not get a moderation option.

Posts 587
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 9:32 AM

I just tried to share today's verse of the day and it says:

"Warning: This Message Contains Blocked Content

Your message couldn't be sent because it includes content that other people on Facebook have reported as abusive." ------------------ So did somebody start reporting Faithlife content as abusive somewhere along the way?
Posts 8
Robin Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 9:55 AM

Logos and Faith Life, are you following this?  

Posts 176
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 9:59 AM

Robin Foster:

Logos and Faith Life, are you following this?  

Yes, Robin, we are aware of this issue and we are working on a solution. However I am not sure how soon it will be fixed. 

Posts 587
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 10:02 AM

Rosie Perera:

David A Egolf:

Rosie Perera:

I got banned from a Facebook group (some group for InstantPot users) for nothing I could figure out. . . .

I'm sorry, Rosie, but this exact subject came up in a discussion on a conservative forum I follow.  One person's take was:

You posted in a group interested in InstantPot and didn't expect to be banned?!?  Cool

This is hilarious.

Posts 18499
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 11:34 AM

A human rights activist was kicked off Facebook recently for a single post that you'd really have to be twisting things to interpret as violating community standards. This was her response:

Cast into the Outer Darkness: An Open Letter to Facebook

I think there are Facebook users who habitually report content that they object to for their own personal reasons, and it adds to the AI profile of what sort of stuff is objectionable. Or perhaps it's bots trying (at their masters' bidding) to sow discord or break down Facebook as a useful platform. In any event, it is a problem for people of all political and religious persuasions. Not just one particular bias.

Posts 8
Robin Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 11:34 AM
Thank you so much. I will be in prayer for your efforts!
Posts 2107
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 12:32 PM

Rosie Perera:
I think there are Facebook users who habitually report content that they object to for their own personal reasons, and it adds to the AI profile of what sort of stuff is objectionable.

That, plus a horde of SJW working in the appeals department.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 8
Robin Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 12:58 PM

I posted today's picture, but first I saved it as a file on my computer and then uploaded it.  I haven't had an issue yet.  It may be something with the link to Faith Life that caused the first problem.

Posts 25956
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 2:03 PM

Jan Krohn:
plus a horde of SJW working in the appeals department.

Please keep your pejorative term out of my feed or I'll report you to Facebook's horde of CCL. Oops, wrong platform.Cool

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25956
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 2:05 PM

Robin Foster:
It may be something with the link to Faith Life that caused the first problem.

That would make sense as a marker of potential abuse of copyright. (I need to finish my coffee. I first wrote "copywrite" Big Smile)

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 122
NK | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 5:11 PM

MJ. Smith:

Robin Foster:
It may be something with the link to Faith Life that caused the first problem.

That would make sense as a marker of potential abuse of copyright. (I need to finish my coffee. I first wrote "copywrite" Big Smile)

If you were copying a quotation from Nicholas Thomas, it could be considered "copywright".

Posts 25956
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 6:01 PM

Big Smile

Posts 587
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 6:46 PM

Rosie Perera:
I think there are Facebook users who habitually report content that they object to for their own personal reasons, and it adds to the AI profile of what sort of stuff is objectionable. Or perhaps it's bots trying (at their masters' bidding) to sow discord or break down Facebook as a useful platform. In any event, it is a problem for people of all political and religious persuasions. Not just one particular bias.

#FACTS

Posts 176
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 20 2019 3:23 PM

This issue is resolved, please start a new thread if you are experiencing any similar issues with sharing via social media.

Posts 8769
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 20 2019 5:28 PM

Joe McCune (Faithlife):

This issue is resolved, please start a new thread if you are experiencing any similar issues with sharing via social media.

Are you able to share what the issue was?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS