Library Organization Needs Organizing PLEASE

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 354
Batman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 23 2019 11:38 AM

I dont know if this is my OCDness or if it even matters to anyone else. However, I cant imagine that I am the only person who gets bothered by the lack of organization in Logos.
Yes, there is some. And I think we can sort of organize them; but that's wasted time at our end. Especially when people have a nonillion resources in their library. 

What I am referring to is how say Commentaries are organized. They are sold by volumes. How they are organized however, is helter skelter. Instead of say Boice commentary McArthur commentary Zondervan commntary, it might be Acts 1:1-8:17 from the Boice set, then, Acts from McArthur. 

So, my suggestion, and begging, is that Logos have a way to organize resources sold as a set to be organized as the set. Boice, Vol. 1, 2, 3, 4. McArthur Vol. 1,2...., Zondervan Vol. 1,2....

Thank you for considering this. 

Posts 18702
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 11:42 AM

How to title the volumes of a commentary set is the publishers' decision. Faithlife keeps the titles that the publishers have assigned to them, so there will be inconsistency across different publishers. You can rename them so they show up in a more organized fashion in your library. I understand that this doesn't address your concern that it is "wasted time at our end" but unfortunately this is the only solution.

Posts 10101
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 2:15 PM

Batman:
how say Commentaries are organized. They are sold by volumes. How they are organized however, is helter skelter. Instead of say Boice commentary McArthur commentary Zondervan commntary, it might be Acts 1:1-8:17 from the Boice set, then, Acts from McArthur. 

As others wrote, Faithlife titles the commentaries as the publishers do. What you can do is using mytags to sort them as you like. I have long wished to see commentaries and other bible-book-related resources ordered in canonical sequence and now applied tags. This also helps me in seeing gaps in series.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 10216
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 2:47 PM

Rosie Perera:

How to title the volumes of a commentary set is the publishers' decision. Faithlife keeps the titles that the publishers have assigned to them, so there will be inconsistency across different publishers. You can rename them so they show up in a more organized fashion in your library. I understand that this doesn't address your concern that it is "wasted time at our end" but unfortunately this is the only solution.

Not meaning to disagree, but re-titling used to work great. But the app and the mobiles ignore all the hours of work of re-titling.

Since the app is the future of the desktop ...

Posts 354
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 7:15 PM

Publishers are idiots. Stick out tongueBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile
Unfortunately, so are most others, like Android creators, who ignore people's renaming; as pointed out by Denise. 
My hopes are that companies like Logos, and other ebook companies, music industry, etc. would quit renaming things after we spend so much time. 
But, thanks. 

Posts 354
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 7:19 PM

NB Mick: Thank you. But, as I said to Rosie: Publishers are idiots. 
Thanks for the image too. IF I ever find the extra time to do what the publishers SHOULD keep their noses out of, I'll do that. But, dang it's annoying. 

Posts 354
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 7:22 PM

And THAT is my point. Precisely. 
I guess time to hit twitter and twit the twits and complain Big Smile 
(And, might as well as explain it: IF it's called twitter, why are we tweeting and not twitting? Or, why isnt tweeter, so we can tweet?) Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

Denise:

Not meaning to disagree, but re-titling used to work great. But the app and the mobiles ignore all the hours of work of re-titling.

Since the app is the future of the desktop ...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS