Indent has changed with one verse per line

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 43
David James | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 24 2019 9:36 PM

Previously, with Bible formatting and one verse per line turned on, all lines would be indented and align with the first line. However, the current behavior is different with subsequent lines in a verse aligning on the left with the margin - that is, with the verse number. When copying a window for inserting into Powerpoint, for example, this does not look as good as it used to. I wonder why they changed this.

Posts 21846
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 24 2019 10:15 PM

David James:
However, the current behavior is different with subsequent lines in a verse aligning on the left with the margin - that is, with the verse number.

I'm not seeing what you describe

Please provide a screenshot

Posts 43
David James | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 3:40 AM

Mine looks like yours in the NT. Try the OT. Also, I discovered that the NIV displays differently than the NKJV. So, could you please try that, as well (second screenshot)

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 11:08 AM

Your screen shots are not showing. Did you attach .jpg files with the paperclip icon?

Which passages are you using in the OT? Passages which are poetical (i.e. Psalms, Prophets) are specially formatted for the genre. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 43
David James | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 11:32 AM

Not sure what happened with the screen shots. They were showing when I posted.

Anyway, it does work display correctly for some of the OT. I didn't realize this.

The problem shows up in Joel 2:28-31 - which may be poetic format. However, in Logos 7, it indented directly under the first line. With the Logos 8 update it appears that this has changed. I know it was right before because I have some screenshots in a PPT that I had put in from Logos 7. It just looks really bad with the present formatting.

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 3:39 PM

You have screenshots from the same translation & passage? As you noted above, some translations are formatted differently. It may be a different translation or an updated resource file (unrelated to 8). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 43
David James | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 3:55 PM

Yes - same translation, same passage - Joel 2:28-31 - one previous screenshot from Logos 7, which behaved differently - and correctly.

Posts 9961
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 4:30 PM

David James:

Yes - same translation, same passage - Joel 2:28-31 - one previous screenshot from Logos 7, which behaved differently - and correctly.

This looks exactly the same in Version 7 and 8 for me (NIV, all VF under "Bible Text only" turned on), the one "LORD" at the end of v31 resulting from the width of the panel only.

EDIT: NKJV looks different to NIV, but again, no difference between version 8 (left) and 7 (right)

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 21846
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 11:36 PM

David James:
Not sure what happened with the screen shots. They were showing when I posted.

Please try posting screenshots again using the paperclip icon in the forum editor

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS