Prayer in the Church Fathers - A request for help from Catholic/Orthodox brothers and sisters.

Page 4 of 4 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 61 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 569
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 26 2019 4:47 PM

You are welcome Liam.

I think there are more books like that:

https://ebooks.faithlife.com/search?context=product&query=Fathers&sortBy=Relevance&limit=60&page=1&filters=status-live_Status

Some seem very interesting. In Journals and magazines probably there is more information too.

It would be really neat to have a way to make a systematic compendium going over important topics like prayer, fellowship, etc. and that explores the thoughts of the Fathers.

Not sure if there is a tool to allow that to happen (maybe canvas and personal book builder), a systematic compendium to explore men of God past and present is part of the reason I am attracted to systematic theology.

Wonder if there is a Historic Systematic Theology book so we can see the progression of different thrusts from Yahweh, to Jesus, to the Apostles, to the Fathers, all the way to modern theologians.

That would be a very helpful resource in my view.

There is a lot of information, but if not systematically organized by topic and chronological order within the topic, is hard to work with.

Not sure if there is a particular category within prayer that you are focusing so that a more specific search can be done.

In my particular library there are just too many bits of info, unless one searches for particular angles, it can become unwieldy:

Kind regards.

Posts 26268
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2019 6:55 PM

Hamilton, you can find a solid history of neo-Aristolean thought in The Aristotle Adventure: A Guide to the Greek, Arabic, and Latin Scholars Who Transmitted Aristotle's Logic to the Renaissance by Burgess Laughlin.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 4 of 4 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS