PBB error

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3099
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 2 2019 3:37 AM

I have noticed this error in the last month- I build a PBB, make some corrections in docx file, or update it- then try to rebuild- it only allows me to rebuild book once then I have to close L8 then reopen.

Question is why?

Never had to do this in the past, and despite the error below- there are no other panels open, yet this is what I get:

[Info] Starting build for PBB:5ad0218e7a984cb49e2117b50dad8b3b
[Error] Error while building book: Could not remove existing resource. Please close all other open panels and try again.
[Error] Exception: LDLS4.Panels.PersonalBookBuilderPanel.PersonalBookBuilderException: Could not remove existing resource. Please close all other open panels and try again.
   at LDLS4.Panels.PersonalBookBuilderPanel.PersonalBookConverter.<CreatePersonalBookWork>d__2.MoveNext()
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkerTask`1.EnumMoveNext()
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkerTask`1.EnumMoveNextWithCatch()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkItem.Verify()
   at LDLS4.Panels.PersonalBookBuilderPanel.PersonalBookViewModel.<CreatePersonalBookWork>d__137.MoveNext()

Posts 3099
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 3:55 AM

And to add I am getting this behaviour in Verbum as well Stick out tongue

Posts 2351
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 4:44 AM

Question: Was the book open while you to rebuild it? [I don't know if that is a problem but who ever is going to fix this needs all information available.]

Posts 9852
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 4:51 AM

Whyndell Gizzard:

I build a PBB, make some corrections in docx file, or update it- then try to rebuild- it only allows me to rebuild book once then I have to close L8 then reopen.

Question is why?

Never had to do this in the past

This is a longstanding issue - sometimes deemed fixed by Faithlife, but subsequently reported again. As to the why: Your PB is not only opened after a successful build, it is indexed, it becomes part of a layout, of internal lists of currently open resources and whatnot. In order to rebuild, all technical usage of the prior version needs to be stopped (and recorded as such in the respective databases), and for whatever reason, this is not always successful.

Besides waiting for indexing to be finished (which shows in the software), it is unclear if there are and what would be other conditions we users could do to avoid or circumvent this issue. I personally have encountered it infrequently in L8, but then always had to close & reopen the software, i.e. once the error occurred, waiting it out (for a short period of time) didn't help.   

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1595
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 4:54 AM

I have noticed behavior like this with the compiler for years. Sometimes it happens because the book is "open" by the indexer working in the background, but often I can see no reason why it is giving that error. But closing Logos and restarting it almost always works.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 3099
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 5:30 AM

Thanks for the responses- yes all panels were closed then PBB builder reopened; yes- indexing had completed; yes it continues to happen- unless software is closed and reopened.

NB- this is my first time seeing this had not had this happen prior to a month ago- thought it would disappear after a couple updates- but alas no.

I have noticed that with L8 when it starts to build 'starting to build book' pops up- while in the past 'converting' was usually first to appear.

In Verbum 'converting' still appears first though the error appears after the initial build.

Posts 1679
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 7:17 AM

Whyndell Gizzard:
I have noticed that with L8 when it starts to build 'starting to build book' pops up- while in the past 'converting' was usually first to appear.

Whyndell:

I think 'Starting to build' has always been the first step; when things go well, it think it disappears before we notice it appearing.

BTW, I think a floating Library window filtered to include the PB being re-compiled might also be a contributing factor to an unsuccessful build gremlin.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 3099
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 8:14 AM

Robert M. Warren:

BTW, I think a floating Library window filtered to include the PB being re-compiled might also be a contributing factor to an unsuccessful build gremlin.

Doubled checked the floating window- no result, but as you say could be a gremlin, a false read by the software.

Posts 3099
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 8:15 AM

Anyone recognize the error code here?

[Info] Starting build for PBB:5ad0218e7a984cb49e2117b50dad8b3b

[Info] Converting

[Info] Converting C:\Users\Whyndell Earl\Documents\A Semantic and Structural Analysis\SSA 1 Thessalonians\PBB FILES\PBB- A SEMANTIC AND STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS OF 1 THESSALONIANS.docx

[Warning] Document contains Hebrew characters ("י") that have not been tagged with a language code; they may not display in the proper order.

[Info] Compiling

[Warning] Bad character in string: 0x000A